Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Don Garlit's Museum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madmak95, Jul 14, 2012.

1. madmak95

madmak95

2. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

I did that trip last year. Should have left the wife back at the resort.
    I could have spent an entire day at the museum.

3. madmak95

madmak95

Yea ..... I only had about and hour...... could spend all day in there. And theres a real nice car museum there too.

4. Model T1

Model T1

It's about 75 miles from my house and haven't been there for years. Funny how we will drive or fly a million miles to see something and miss what's in our own back yards. It is worth the trip!

5. Tripple G

Tripple G

It's an AWESOME place, filled with drag racing history. Haven't been there for years, I need to get back to Florida and Ocala.

6. no pics pf his other stuff?

7. boutlaw

boutlaw

Was there for Billetproof a few months back. The museum is great. Wish I had read his book before I visited. I read it after I got back and need to return because knowing a lot more of the history of his cars, and others in the museum, makes the museum much more enjoyable. Definitely something you want to do with a car guy/person, and not someone who does not want to be there. Theres to much to see to be pestered with an impatient foot tapper thats ready to leave.

8. Goatdave

Goatdave

One of the coolest car places ever. Here's a pic I took from his garage last year that is next to the museum. Don was selling some used parts and autographed items. I keep thinking I wanted to know the story about EVERYTHING that was in there.

Attached Files:

9. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

:eek:Man....looking at all those flatty intakes makes me get cold sweats!

10. robber

robber

Would love to go back and see it again...and again... and again. Hek, I would love to just stay there and be the guy who dusts the cars or mows the grass for "Big Daddy".:D It would be a pleasure, not work. When I go to Florida, I've always tried to time it around the Gatornationals and then hit Big's museum on the way back. He is a great man, a great innovator and a great competitor! He has spoiled me many times over the years with friendly conversation. I always wanted to know what he had in some of the other buildings on his property... can you imagine? Any car person that has the opportunity to go by the museum, do it! You will see famous cars that you had only seen in pictures and read about.;)

11. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Nine years ago I saw the Ivo car at the NHRA Museum in CA. I know some museums loan each other cars to keep things fresh. Apparently that is one of those cars?

Although the old cars were slow by today's standards, they were fast enough to injure or kill you. When you look at how some of old race cars were made it's scary.

12. When I was there in 2000, to get into the museum you had to walk UNDER the Little Red Wagon...

13. Choptop

Choptop

yes I can... and yes its some cool stuff ;)

14. evs1

evs1

Great place to visit, never had enough time to spend looking, and looking.