Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects @#$% Dolphin (Narwhal) gauge senders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Katuna, Jun 30, 2015.

1. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Borrow an infer -red thermometer and check to see if it is accurate. I knew a guy that chased overheating problem all over the place. turned out it was temp gauge was wrong. Auto meter has a reputation for accurate gauges.

2. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I just saw this thread pop back up to the top of the heap. I found out a few things about my Dolphin gauge set; I bought this set at swap meet. While it was supposed to be new, it had been fooled with and not only did it have the wrong sender for the gas gauge but it had different colored lights in various gauges. I installed the Auto Meter sender and it had worked fine ever since (accuracy) but the needle flops around too much for my liking. I installed a Ford slosh module but it didn't work.

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Get that panel on a mill and carve it the way you'd like it. Glass bead it, sand blast it, polish it,...... cheaper no faster than casting but probably not as much fun.

4. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Wow, been a while since I've seen this one pop up. Nearly done with the car. Wrapping up the electrical so I'll be curious as to whether the gauge senders I got will work properly or not. Never did anything with the insert. Just living with it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

[​IMG]
    Here's a little newer pic of the interior. Floors are done. Just need to put the e-brake handle back in then the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app