Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Doing some maintenance on the old beater & the Ranch Wagon.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 27, 2021.

1. topher5150

topher5150

Is that the HAMB version of losing 10mm sockets?

pprather and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. Yeah, what's on the opposite end of a 1/2" wrench - a 9/16", regardless if it's a open end or box, offset or not and if you have 10 of them they will all hide from you. HRP

deathrowdave likes this.
  3. trollst

trollst

Ahhh yes, what a topic....got no kids home now, but when I did...There were some monster arguments in my house, My oldest would scatter my tools all over the grass, leave them where they fell, I could never find tools. One day I collected all the tools, poured them all over his bed and told him he knew where they went. He was officially banned from my toolbox, he had his own. That solved his and my arguments, but my old lady....well that took some time and finally direct action.
    She would unlock the box and load him up, many fights ensued, TILL, I took my daughter into moms jewellery box and told her to have at er. Only then did she understand how personal and what a big deal this was, and how offended she was that I'd let somebody else use her personal hard won jewels.
    Me? I keep a clean shop, hate losing tools, the whole world stops till I find it, can be very frustrating when you realise it was in your pocket.....

KevKo, HOTRODPRIMER and dwollam like this.
  4. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

I always feel any job is not done until tools are put away and floor is swept. Not sure if that is OCD or not, but I am much more strict about it than I used to be. I do leave a mess if job isn't done and I am going to continue it tomarrow. I tell my friends not to put away my tools as they always get it wrong. Then next time I am looking for it I can't find it. Very frustrating! For Example I have a drawer for SAE wrenches and another for metric wrenches. Talking about tool boxes, I got lucky and found a "stat" box from a hospital emergency room at a garage sale for $30.00, of course really clean and just like a bottom roll around tool box, except it has a mast for hanging a IV!

5. Brenda had a slack tire on her Magnum this morning and I went in the garage to get the air hose and tire gauge, air hose and air chuck no problem but I couldn't find the tire pressure gauge and I have multiples.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I am going to get my arse in gear and get the garage back in order. HRP

6. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Since I moved South from Philly I have learned that you just have to take time to do maintenance unlike when I lived where your hot rods were off the road due to all the snow and salt, here I can just about drier my cars year round and do.

7. atch

atch

That's why every time I go to a swap meet I always search out the vendors selling sockets &/or combination box/open wrenches. I try to always buy AT LEAST one each 1/2" and 9/16" socket and wrench.

I only buy Craftsman 'cause that's what I started with around 1970.

I think that I currently have all my 1/2" drive sockets but I can't find many of the 3/8" drive sockets in the 1/2" and 9/16 sizes. It just seems like the larger 1/2" drive sockets are easier to find/keep track of.