Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The E0 head also has the largest valves they ever put in.

Check the classicinlines.com site for info on chamber sizes, and compression ratios.

2. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

How about one off a 300 six?

3. finn

finn

Different engine family with larger bore spacing and head bolt pattern

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Too long and tall for a first-gen Falcon. It can be done, but it take a ton of work.

5. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

I found a head with a d7 serial number any reason why that wouldn't work or should I keep looking for the E0

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a 1977. It's a pretty good one. Just a little lower flow numbers than an E0, but not by much.

The valves are the same size, but the log is a little smaller. It will do fine on a 200.

Keep in mind, this is a large-log head, and the carb stud spacing may be wider than the current head.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. I didn't. That was the only picture that showed "144 cu in." Before I saw that I was wondering what engines they were running- thinking V8s, but that doesn't really match with the year.

I'm not gonna touch the other sentence.

9. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

falcon61wagon the maverick rear bolts in its the same 43" between spring pads and only about 1/4" wider falcon is 56" maverick 56 1/4" (or maybe 56 1/2") the maverick were had a falcon type rear in '70 so look for '71 -'73 200 cars to find the 4 lug 8" rear

I'm trying to install a '65 p/s system on a '63 but missing the ram bracket, frame holes and a hose bracket. Does anyone know the part no. for a 1963 p/s hydraulic ram bracket? does this bracket interchange with 64.5-66 mustang? Has anyone had to locate one on an early frame rail thats not stamped with the holes already in it? How do I figure out where to drill them? also missing the hose insulator frame bracket is this the same as mustang as well? - thanks

10. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

I was just told that the 13" dog dish caps will fit on a 14" rim. I was under the assumption that it wouldn't. Anybody know either way?

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Depends on the 14-inch wheel. I have some that will, but they don't clear disc brakes. Four-lug, of course.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have an O/T '65 futura 4 speed car with the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes discs. I want to run sixties era 14x6 tork thrust lookalikes on the front, but I am wondering if they will clear the calipers? Anyone running the 4 piston mustang discs with 14" five spokes? Not asking if the KH stuff is obsolete, or if I should change to granada/scarebird ect, just asking about 14" five spokes on the factory KH stuff. Anyone?

13. Many cars of the Era had 14 inch wheels from factory and had disc brakes, just check back spacing.

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thanks Leon, yes, well aware of that. The mustangs that these brakes came on left the factory with 14" steel wheels. What I am trying to find out is if the backside of the spokes will clear the side of the calipers without using a wheel spacer. Anyone run 14" five spokes on KH discs back in the day?

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Should be clear, these are the real deal mid sixties 10" mustang rotors and KH calipers, not later full size or granada bendix stuff. Anyone? Back in the day??

16. loudbang

loudbang

Sure you only come back and post when you need info. :rolleyes: We are missing your presence in the other threads LOL.

17. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I just fit a set of 14x7 Cragar SS with 4.125" backspace over a set of Granada brakes, but I did have to shave some of the top of the caliper casting. I think the Granada calipers are taller than KH, but then again the Cragars are steel (thinner) and the Torque thrusts are aluminum, so wall thickness may matter.

If nobody gives you a definite answer, make sure you buy the wheels from a vendor that will take them back. Then all you risk is the cost of shipping.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, the granada calipers are definately bulkier than the old KH. No one makes 14" straight spoke tork thrust look-a-likes anymore, so I'll be buying used. I went through a bunch of sixties era wheel catalogs and ads last night, looks like some brands clear and some dont. I think I will just roll the dice, worst case scenario, I might need a 1/8" spacer. I dont really like that, but...

19. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

If you're buying used, just say you'll buy them IF they fit. Last time I did that, I brought a floor jack with me to the guy's house.

The current American Racing Torque Thrust D is a sixties era lookalike that is still made in 14".

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There, fixed it. :p Car is in early project state, long ways from driving, so good suggestion, but not viable. I considered the 15" ET Vintage V's, they look pretty good once you change out the center caps, but man, they are big $$, and I was trying to keep this deal simple and relatively low $$, and I am really after a late sixties typical hot rod look, so 14's work better on the front. The US mags wheels look ok, and they are reasonably priced, but those center caps, sweet jesus! If these guys are all after the sixties retro market, why do they all insist on these stupid looking center caps??!!
    If anyone from ET is watching, why on earth dont you re-pop the oval caps??!! REALLY! Guys are paying BIG money for good originals...

21. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

someone had posted some pics of the correct assembly for v8 motor mounts cant seem to find it now

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  23. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Thanks I've got all the parts just none are marked left or right

24. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Does any one know if 14x5 reversed wheels would fit the round body wagons?

25. Locoxp

Locoxp

I know this is a while back but just saw it and thought I'd share what's going in mine ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441665201.651536.jpg

BLUSHU, loudbang, pcbart and 2 others like this.
  26. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

doc's likes this.
  27. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I found a pair of 14" rims from a 66 barracuda they clear the disc hub no problem have the correct V8 bolt pattern and have only minorly smaller hub cap mounting than the falcon dog dish caps should be able to weld a small amount to the rim to make up the difference - cheers

28. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

I have not done much to the falcon this summer but still have been collecting parts. I picked up a used dura spark II and recently saw a new hei dizzy for the six, sporting a small cap. I was wondering if anybody else had tried this one and if the cap is considerable smaller than the regular size.

Attached Files:

29. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Been rebuilding the f/end on my 63 delivery,i'm using Mustang upper and lower arms,it's already 5stud but the muzzy tie rods are sloppy in the stub axles,do Moogs do them,or can you still get original parts,thanks.