Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

that's what those are good sir ! Konig rewinds et0 16x7

3. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

[​IMG]fitted with discontinued 205/50/16 Bf Goodrich Kdw2s

4. cage66

cage66
    from reno

??
    :confused:
    I dont think they will fit.
    :D:D

Any spacers needed to put those 4 lug Minilites 16s on?

5. Have you of you Falcon dude's actually installed a set of CalTrac bars on a 63 Falcon? Can't seem to find any reference to a sixty three installation anyplace...

I'm suspicious of the "bolt in" claims made in their generic instructions and if the width of my front spring pocket will handle the pivot assembly after the bushing is installed in the front spring eye....along with the funky cupped bolt that holds the spring to the underbody....

http://calvertracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=147

View attachment 2011 Instruction Guide.pdf

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early Falcons have narrower leaf springs (which are also shorter, on the sedans, at-least, but I believe that's all behind the axle), and 6-cylinder cars have small axle tubes, so the plates that attach to the u-bolts are not a direct fit. You may be able to re-drill them. Other parts, it appears, would need to be modified, too. Your mileage may vary.

7. You're right about the spring width, G-Rod; mine are 2" wide and are standard 5 leaf V-8 springs that I replaced a year ago...

I'm runnin' a 8" small bearing stepped tube 3:55 Trac Lok 63 V-8 rear with Currie axles along with a set of later modified spring plates that accept the bigger-better 7/16" U bolts.

I got a set of universal slapper bars on it but I'm lookin' to upgrade; know what I mean?

8. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

nope only thing is if you have weights on the drums you need to grind them down a bit. they fit very nicely! will post it on the ground hopefully the end of this week

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dyna Beads are your friend!

10. cage66

cage66
    from reno

For balancing?

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yessir! Nothing better in my book! On my Plymouth I have enough horsepower and a heavy enough foot that I used to spin the rear wheels inside the tires leaving the tire shop half the time. Instant imbalance... Not so with Dyna Beads...

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, well, dampening, more than balancing.

They can take a set of 36" x 12.50" Bias-Ply Super Swamper TSL's, and make them 75 MPH freeway stable, with no wheel weights anywhere on the vehicle.

13. It was a nice day n' I was all bored so I yanked my 3:55 Trac-Lok third member out...

[​IMG]

I built a Harley 5 speed trans for a dude and got this 3:80 Trac-Lok rear in trade: he had it from a project that was stillborn and had bought it from http://www.ford8and9inchrears.com/

I think I came out ahead in the deal.....

[​IMG]

I cleaned up the housing....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New 3:80 installed....with the 3:55 60MPH was 2000RPM in O/D; with the 3:80 60MPH is now 24-2500RPM in O/D.

BTW, that's the only place my nifty SPEEDHUT sticker would fit.

[​IMG]

Now I've gotta' put some miles on it n' break it in before I can properly beat on it.....:D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  14. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Nice deal on the diff!

15. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Getting very close to driving my project out of the shop. Top goes up and down good, but it is bent. Not having side windows yet, makes alignment difficult.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I absolutely can't wait to see that! I thought you were nuts to start with it but it sounds like you have pulled it off!

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My Falcon has been off the road the last week with carb issues. Got it all straightened out today, and running great again! Boy was that a weird mess to figure out!

18. cage66

cage66
    from reno

I wasnt aware people use them for smaller tires too. Only heard of them being used for the 4 x 4/rock crawlers...

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have them in the car, the truck, the Jeep, the motorcycle, and the utility trailer.

20. So I have a 1960 falcon, black, 4 door hardtop, inline 6. I have been searching for seat covers, door panels and sun visors but haven’t had much luck (macs, dennis carpenter, dearborn etc.) seems like there is everything for 61 and up but can’t find much for 1960. Anyway, I’m not that concerned right now about the seats and door panels but I am going to have my package tray and sun visors recovered. Does anyone have pictures of their package tray and visors? I’m curious as to what color mine were from the factory. Any pics or links are appreciated. Below are a couple if pics of my car so you can see the colors.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      305.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      252.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      251.1 KB
      Views:
  21. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Nice looking falcon.
    I would lower it a little clean the interior up and call it done.

22. The visors should be the same color as the bottom, solid color on the door panels. Can't tell if it's blue in the pictures. It very vaguely seems that the package tray wasn't covered similarly- more like colored cardboard.

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

24. Well, we're about ta' find out.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  25. JoeyP.

JoeyP.

I love my Cal trac bars. They custom built a set for my truck off of my measurments. Very good quality, good price, and work great.

26. Could someone throw up a photo showing where the speedo cable comes through the firewall on a '60 Falcon please ?

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As soon as I get home.

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, I need a grommet:

Attached Files:

29. Thanks Gimpy :) .

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods