Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Icon forged pitons, I beam rods:

[​IMG]

347 rotating assembly gets balanced to within .75gr:

[​IMG]

2. Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  3. Ready for transport:

[​IMG]

Dropin' it in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

670 Holley, Aeroquip racing hose n' black fittings.
    It's a little busy....

[​IMG]

4. Kinda' looks like yer' Grandma's ride:

[​IMG]

5. With a 347 stroker hidin' under the hood:

[​IMG]

It's lot'sa fun....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  6. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

'cept she had an F-85 that yerar!

Nice job!

7. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Nice sleeper

8. Seen at 3 Dog Garage in Boyertown, PA.

Attached Files:

9. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Speaks softly and carrys a big stick. My favorite kind of car.

10. 62rebel

62rebel

that'll get the ice cream home before it melts!

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sleeper epitome.

12. MrModelT

MrModelT

Kinda' looks like yer' Grandma's ride:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

With a 347 stroker hidin' under the hood:

[​IMG]

Now.....THAT I like!

Sent from Mr.ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

...And cool as hell!

14. Even better in person than in the pics. Nice, Al, really nice.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

He guys. Anbody out there super knowledgeable about A/C? I have a super clean mid sixties Ford dealer four vent unit that is now hanging under the dash of the wagon. I know how to install A/C, what line goes where and how to route stuff, but I don't know the inner workings too well. Here is my dilemma - I want to convert this unit over to be compatible with 134 refrigerant. I plan on using a Sanden compressor and a Vintage Air condenser that are compatible with the compressor, what to do with the evaporator unit inside?

Any smart assed comments about not needing it, and simply rolling the windows down will be met with a one way plane ticket to Phoenix, AZ in the middle of August where it NEVER gets below 100 degrees around the clock and our most common emergency call is for heat related dehydration. You will then have to run around with me in this thing while I work without A/C for a week.... Be forewarned...

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Much as I've always wanted to visit Phoenix, I can't disagree that AC is undoubtedly a necessity there. Unfortunately, I also don't know anything about how it works. Good luck, though!

17. typerr

typerr
    from Lakewood

Looks great but I don't think I've ever seen that much wiring under the hood of a Falcon! Is that the fuse box on the drivers side?

18. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371153313.714439.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371153344.039210.jpg
    Cleaned it up for ya'.
    From the top:
    Power buss
    Ignition relay. Circuit breaker panel
    Fan control relay. Fuse box. H-4 relays
    Ground buss. Horn relay
    Moved the 6AL to the core support
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1371153606.875461.jpg
    My first attempt to upload pics from my dopey iPhone...
    Louvre Dude, I've got some Falcon a/c service info- I'll PM ya' later...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. I'm looking to do the same thing in my comet. I have the o.g. mercury unit (really just a ford unit with a merc badge over the ford logo). I cam across a company that was classic auto air or something like that and in their catalog they list a new evap core that is designed to work with the R134. The thing was not cheap as I recall. I want to say $350ish, I look for the catalog when I get home today. -Sean

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

COOL Man! I'd appreciate it!

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

22. OK, here's the scoop. You will need to change the expansion valve to an R-134 style. The evap coil will be OK but you need to flush it out before hooking up the system to R-134 to get the mineral oil out. The problem will be that most of those units had a flare fitting on the expansion valve and the new unit will be an O-Ring style. so a little fabricating may be in order.
    You will also need to replace the receiver drier and get one with a binary or trinary switch

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

We have a couple of automotive A/C parts stores around town. Should this expansion valve be something I can source from them?

And seriously, pardon my ignorance, but what function does the binary or trinary switch fulfill? I remember when I did the Plymouth years ago, I thought I needed a binary switch to turn on the electric cooling fan for the radiator, but that was it. It got replaced quickly with a mechanical and shroud.

24. the binary switch shuts off the system if the pressures get too high or too low. This is really important in a R-134 system. The trinary will also operate an electric fan
    the Expansion valve should be available at any good A/C part joint, and like I say you will need to figure out adaptors from the flare fittings to the O-Ring style

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

If I recall correctly, the trinary switch turns on the fan at a certain AC pressure, and also turns the compressor off if the pressure gets too high. It is designed as a self-protection device for the system.

Apparently, I don't type fast enough...

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool guys! Thought I was at least partially right! That's the problem with buying complete matched kits (by far most of the A/C stuff I've done been Vintage Air installs) is that you never really get to know the various components for what they are, just points you wire to.

If may, the binary switch is going to be located at the drier, got ya. But how would that interface with the single compressor trigger wire that is coming out of the unit I have? Any ideas?

Also any body got any low buck alternatives for condensers on these cars?

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Started the Falcon today! Did the cam breakin, and once the brakes are bled she'll be a runner! Still lots of bodywork, and interior to do, but at least she's running and making noise! Wife said, "It's obnoxious" so I guess it must be about right. :)
    Here'a short video:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/marlinguy/media/DSCF1091.mp4.html

28. Holy Smokes!

That's nasty!

And I like obnoxious....

29. dirttoo

dirttoo

WOW, That sounds good.