Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Taylorengines

Taylorengines
    from Brea, Ca.

My 64 i just got running ! DSC_0215[1].jpg 421 cu in 10 to 1 toploader with 373 protrac locker for the street.

2. von zipper

von zipper

Mine with my Cragars! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355210658.384694.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355210746.136775.jpg

3. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

4. tstclr

tstclr

Any Canadian Frontenacs?
    [​IMG]

5. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

^ That is awesome!

6. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

It's getting closer, pulled the short block out, it's really in good condition. These little engines are tough. Falcons are fun to drive!

7. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

mine is not running and I have realistically 2 years left, but... This weekend it is coming back into the garage!!
    It's been a long time with 3 engine projects, 2 cooling systems, 2 complete suspension rebuilds and a total restoration of a vintage trailer. Saturday is the day!

8. this one is kind of cool
    [​IMG]

9. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

...awesome!:D

10. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

I honestly have no idea he had spacers on them? He gave them to me along with some knock off lug nuts

11. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Those lake pipes fit perfect!

12. von zipper

von zipper

You shouldn't need them!

13. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Mine runs and drives but will still need a lot to be a "driver"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn cage66, I'm diggin' on the deluxe side trim on your wagon! Ours is sooooo bare bones it's hard to believe. The odd part is with almost ZERO optional equipment, ours has tinted windows, a windshield washer bag, and electric wipers... All with a radio block off plate! Any way, it wouldn't be correct, but a set of '61 trim like yours would be awsome yet subtle on our ride. Lovin' the stance on yours too.

15. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Thank you. Thats cool about yours, I really like the look of it, you did a great job.
    Amazingly this has a dealer installed 2 speed electric wiper motor, I guess its rare for a 61.
    I really wanted a 61 with deluxe trim, Looked forever for one, the black on red/white was the frosting on the cake. Sucks it was across the damn country.
    Cant wait to be driving it.
    I think I want to come down another inch in the rear. Probably dearch the leaves and go with 1" blocks instead of the 3" as you suggested, I need to deflate the tires to get them on and off the rear. Still want to drive the family around so I dont know how low I can go before its too low. I may be getting a 63 heilite tent trailer to pull behind this soon.
    On a side note the grill on that Canadian Frontenac is pretty damn cool. I assume its a rare, hard to find item.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D You guys have some really nice Falcons here.I had a nice 66 for about 2 hours until some idiot with a restored FIRETRUCK rear ended me at a stop sign.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Is this a stock canadian grille? Its so wacky its cool. If it actually is factory im surprised ive never seen one.
    Car needs lowering btw.

18. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I looked those canadian falcons up on google images, it looks to be factory and the first time I have seen one was here...pretty sweet!

19. cage66

cage66
    from reno

It was a one year only thing, They were made by Mercury and only in the coupe version it seems. Thats why they are rarely seen.
    I like the middle part for sure I think it would look better with a full grill instead of the 2 pieces.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know your not looking for my "recomendation", but after a month and 1600 miles on mine I would say don't touch the stance on yours at all. As a matter of fact, mine is coming back up about a half an inch in the front in th next couple of weeks. Mine rides okay and isn't bad at all with four normal sized people in it, but put my one 375lbs buddy in and stuff goes pear shaped pretty quickly. I also hauled home a 2.3 liter Ford engine a friend gave me the other day and had some issues with tire drag untill I shifted the load forward a bit. Also, when someone gives you an engine, never ever believe them when they say "no, the oil has been drained". Thanks to an elderly snowbird couple from Nebraska locking up the brakes for a yellow light, i found out differently...

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^ It makes sense. Thats why you should juice it :D
    No really, it might sound sci-fi if you are not into hydraulics, but a simple one pump system done the right way would make it handle like a caddy taking barely the spare well space and very little mods to accept the new suspension components.
    Being 100% serious.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, I'm not down with hydraulics. But, after I get an overdrived worked out on this deal I do plan on doing a pair of Airlift "Helper" bags on the rear, T'd to a schrader valve somewhere accesable at a gas station. That way if I everdo get into a situation like I did, .50 cents and I'm back to road worthy with no hassles.

23. cage66

cage66
    from reno

That's a good plan. I would want to bag mine but I can't think of a good place to hide the tank and compressor. Unless of course I hide it under like falconizer is doing (great idea) I bought a wagon for the space and don't want to loose it to air ride.

24. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Traded my 62 rambler wagon for a car for my mom and this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1963 Heilite tent trailer. Should look cool behind the wwagon. May try to lower it also.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn cool trailer Cage66! The girlfriend keeps pointing at all these little 16' '50s travel trailers and saying "we need"...

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

She's right, you do need... They are AWESOME!

27. cage66

cage66
    from reno

She sounds like a keeper.
    I have the canvas too but I was told it shrank a little so I may have it looked at to see if it can still be used. I have no idea how people put them on with one person.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If it's not dry rotted, The next day that it's in the eighties at least, wet it down and get it good and soaked, then put it on the frame and let it dry in the sun. Another thought would be to take into a laundromat with big commercial machines and wash it using TONS of fabric softener on the final rinse before doing the above. It'll help it stretch back out...

29. von zipper

von zipper

Here's a pic I just found! Cook County Forest cops! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356035056.392078.jpg

30. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

We have 2x 1965 Falcons as our promotional vehicles for Sony Beach Hop 2013 www.beachhop.co.nz

Both cars are going to find new homes at the Festival!

First up is a 65 Futura - I purchased this one in Pennsylvania and drove it across country to Long Beach. It has a brand new 347 Stroker engine (Eagle assembly), FRP alloy heads, manual shift C4 and narrowed 8" with mini-tubs. New paint, chrome, interior etc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Number 2 is this 65 Ranchero. I purchased this from near Portland, Or and drove it to Long Beach. It too has a 347 Stroker, C4 but has a narrowed 9".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which Falcon would you choose to take home? The first name drawn at the Festival can choose!

Noddy Watts
    Beach Hop Central

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012