Register now to get rid of these ads!

DOH! -or--Oxycodon+internet=Hilborn purchase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Feb 28, 2011.

1. slepe67

slepe67

So, I recently had a minor surgery. I was sitting at home on Convalescent Leave and was well medicated from the Oxycodon they had me on. My laptop kept yelling at me from across the room so I fired it up.

That's where things get fuzzy.

I guess I bought a Hilborn manifold for a 260/289/302. I don't regret the purchase...but my wife was PISSED! :D I just smiled and pointed to the bottle full of pills. (I bet I'm not the first person to have done something like that.)

So, since I know nothing about Hilborn, and have spent more (non-medicated) time talking to the seller and surfing the net, does anybody have an "ALL THINGS HILBORN" here on the HAMB? Not much luck via SEARCH...All I have is a bare manifold, but ZERO idea how to go about building one or apply it to my nonexistant race-car.

God I'm an idiot...

2. Better living through chemistry my friend. :D:D

I don't think there is an all things hilborn thread but maybe some of the fellas will chime in and help you out. There is a lot of injection knowledge on here.

3. williebill

williebill

Hehehe..not AS bad as you,but a few years ago,I,too,had minor surgery,came home,got on the HAMB,and mused out loud whether I should cut the roof off of my cop car Caprice....

I think I remember that it got pretty ugly that day...
    Damn good thing I didn't sign on to EBAY..

4. customcory

customcory

ALWAYS blame it on the pills.:D

5. Charlie Sheen? Is that you???

6. toolman1967

toolman1967

SWEET! As long as its paid for and you didn't accidentally steal it, it seems like you are going to start a build thread on your new race car powered by a fuel injected motor. SUBSCRIBE!

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny... I broke 4 ribs and messed up my shoulder just about 1 year ago. I spent about $800.00 on vintage toy cars and trucks on ebay while popping pain pills over the next few weeks.

one thing I found out about pain pills... they don't give you enough and won't let you refill your prescription when you run out if not enough days had passed.

8. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

Nah if it were Charlie sheen his car woulda been in a ditch with him saying it wasn't him with a shot eating grin. Want some coke cop?

9. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Scary stuff ... good to know. :eek:

10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

MINOR surgery, and they gave you Oxycodone/Oxycontin? I have a tolerance issue with that particular med; makes me do strange, strange, strange things, and I've had 8 spinal surgeries. There must really be some unquestionable medical practitioners in Florida as far as these clinic raids go. Is it more the "patients", or the "Drs.", or both? I spent 36 years in healthcare, X-Ray-CAT Scan Tech, and "pain" is now considered a "vital sign", just like blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature. This is the most over-regulated country in the world, the FDA and DEA really are not on the side of patients, let Johnny Law do what's needed as far as drug seeker "patients" go, but for crying out loud, leave the ligitamate Drs. and patients alone! They are loosing the war on drugs, as they can't keep up with the illicit drug trade; so, they go after the prescription meds, and patients who rely on them. I'm a chronic pain patient, but I take far less meds than most patients in my situation, and nothing near Oxycodone/Oxycontin. Nuff said. Butch/56sedandelivery.

11. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Well, we spent a couple of months under snow until just the other day. As for the car scene, it's still very "street rod vs. rat rod" out here, not too many people building proper HAMB cars somewhere in the middle.

12. gas pumper

gas pumper

These guys are good at what they do. They can get you a base line set up to use and advise on what other parts you need for whatever application you have in mind, street, strip, both.

http://www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com/

13. This is funny stuff!!! Man I guess it coulda been worse.....at least you squeaked by a hilborn past the wife!

14. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Instead of taking Oxys you be better off eating popcorn because this thread an't going to last long..............

15. SixFive

SixFive

Listen brother, just a friendly word of advice for a fellow HAMBer. I had some of my Hot Rod buddies over today, DONT advertise you have a Hilborn!!!! People kill, and mame for that, they find out you have it, and they will kill you for it!!!!!! This is right from the vintage speed collector's mouth, they will invade your home, and keep coming back if they know or think you have them. I'd like to think we are all friends here, but I'm building a little 302 and that would really top it off nice. Say Injection, but dont say HILBORN!

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Now that's funny ... :D

17. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

You guys just kill me!!!! I glad that every one is in a good mood ....hey spring is coming

18. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

Oh man, this is a funny one.

Back to the subject though. Call the source directly. Hilborn in Aliso Viejo CA. It's near me. Seriously nice guys. Will answer your questions. Used to go in there just to buy a t-shirt every once and awhile and end up BSing with Don Enriquez.

19. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

20. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I have to sign a "narcotics contract" to obtain meds in SC, I was also advised to shred all paperwork that is attached to bag from drug store as the dopers sift thru trash, find out what you have and come after it. Local kid beat up his own grandmother and stole her car over pain meds.

21. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

The pills make food talk to me as I pass, it whispers "eat meeeeee" (grin)

22. I ate a talking peanut butter sandwich back in the later '60s. It told me it was a majic peanut butter sandwich and if I didn't eat it that it would give me 3 wishes. But I ate it anyway because I know that all peanut butter sandwiches are liars. :p

23. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

You know what to do. Go see Bobby. How simple was that?

24. slepe67

slepe67

where the hell did this thread go to???

It's all good. I had some sinus/reconstructive nosal passage surgery done.

I think I got more people pissed off about being of Oxy than I did get people interested in Hilborn injection.

Oh well, maybe I'll try researching this again in 6 months after Charlie Sheen leaves.

25. A long long time ago,I was in a bad mood,been drinking AND taking oxys recovering from shoulder replacement.
    I made a lame post about the "High & Mighty" Chrysler car & man did I hear about it!

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Never touch the stuff, and even not being on Oxy i would have probably bought that dam thing..Hilborn just looks bad ass
    From second hand experiance, dont get hooked or get going on that shit (oxy)..Ive seen what it does to people and it aint pretty.There are other better ways to deal with the pain
    lets just say its turned biological parents into situations where they had to give thier own kids up for adoption, serious shit