Register now to get rid of these ads!

DOGFIGHT Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

This will be awesome because we'll get to see everyone's projects that are OT on the HAMB.

2. Sounds like a great idea!

3. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Bless You, Ryan!!! Some of us Hambers liked cars over the fence of traditional, and needed a place to learn and share what we know. It is ALL GOOD!!!!

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hell YES!!! Very Cool.. Glad Joyo has something to do with his day now hahahahahaha

I really dig the artwork!! this RULES!!
    [​IMG]

5. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

The first thread I checked out was the Lincoln "pro-touring", and it sent me running like a scalded dog back to the HAMB. Not my thing, but it got me thinking.

The traditional community has grown considerably in recent years, but when you put it in perspective we are just a drop in the bucket in the world of automotive enthusiasts.

Most every day on the HAMB someone will post a comment to the effect of " I won't post a pic, because my car is too off topic" or "In fear of the trad police, I won't post a pic". Bottom line is, I don't like off topic posts on the HAMB, but I also think that everyone deserves a place to discuss whatever they are into without having to apologize about their car.

I'm hoping that Dogfight will become home to many that don't quite fit in here, and possibly even help keep off topic posts on the HAMB to a minimum.

Best of luck! I really hope it is a big success.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That lincoln was a bit of a sidebar... not specifically what DOGFIGHT is about. The site will be more about all out performance. Form follows function rather than regard for form while working on function... if that makes sense.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool, but maybe not quite my thing... But I bet it grows on me pretty quick! How can you not like an entity that leads off with "It's a date"? I contend it's not possible! So much for the do not try this at home reference though, I already know what the Plymouth sounds like at full clip... Best of success!

8. TRuss

TRuss

Registered and stoked! Thanks Ryan.

9. I remember when you were just Ryan. Now you are a true media mogul. Good for you man!

10. rodster

rodster
    Member Emeritus

11. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Great site, registered...Thanks

12. -Brent-

-Brent-

Dogfight makes me want to rob a bank and buy a Ferrari or a disgustingly overpowered forced-induction Porsche.

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

Registered and psyched!

14. buck8

buck8
    from Austin

Ok so are you hiring? I'm not so great at website development but your going to have to teach me after I get fired. You officially make it impossible for me to ever get anything accomplished.

15. Ryan / JohnJoyo - Very cool!

I've been looking for an appropriate place to share all my non-HAMB friendly photos & slides ... including:

* late '60s / early '70s NASCAR & TransAm races
    * '70s-'80s Drag Racing
    * '70s-present Bonneville LSR cars
    * American Muscle Cars
    * Italian Sports Cars
    * Monterey Historics
    * Etc., etc.

The DOGFIGHT Forums seem like a perfect fit!

16. Fuckin' Right Doggie!!!!

What a team you two are. I really like this concept and will register. I see this site becoming rather huge.

Good luck and Thanks!

BloodyKnuckles

17. hemi

hemi

Somebody beat me to my user name on here... LOL.

~Scoop.

18. Thanks Ryan,
    I have quite a few toys that don't fit here, and don't belong on Muscle car or Street Rod forums.

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Registered and already love it !
    Thanks to Ryan & Joyo to all your hard work and another great forum !
    My heart is in traditional/kustoms/hotrods , but still love the muscle cars too ! I am lucky to have owned both muscle cars and hotrods . The muscle cars were from my teen years and now I have 3 traditional hotrods ! Anyway you look at it , it all comes down to the power from an engine and the great cars we put them into .

Jim

20. Damn, just when I was beginning to spend more time in the garage and less time...........

But, thanks, for the memories; it just didn't get any better than the '67-70 Trans-Am & Can-Am era......
    Robb

21. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Every thing we do to gasoline powered engines was perfected technology of the golden age of air craft in world war 2, nitrous superchargers blowers, oxygen injection water injection, name it, either us the brits or the germans applied this to aircraft pre 46, its cool as hell.

22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I like the concept Ryan.

A dogfight to me denotes two relatively equal opponents locked in combat, no holds barred, no quarter asked or given, where even the victor comes away a bit bloody and with respect for his opponent.

The Can Am and Trans Am series races had that feel for sure, I graduated in '67 and built a lot of models of those cars, even had a .049 powered Cox Chapparel.

I'll be registering shortly.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  23. hemi

hemi

Can I post this over there?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

24. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Bingo! Glad you guys are excited about it. Thanks for checking it out.

25. autobilly

autobilly

Good luck John and Ryan. Whereas I'm interested in any and all cool cars, especially performance modified ones, I'll stay here. I need all of my "on-line time" for the HAMB.

26. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Ya bum ya. As if the HAMB was enough. Cool deal. Slim

27. Hell Yea!! great magazine !

28. Great idea, Ryan and Joyo! Thanks for putting a bit of history on street racing on Mulholland Drive. I raced there for almost a decade from the late '60s (seeing Minis racing three abreast was a sight to see!), and was in the Big Bust of August '71.

All the best for the future of your new venture.:cool:

29. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

Strong work fellas!

30. S:DRRY about that!