Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doesn't it piss you off when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saratoga56, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

some packrat guy has 100 noncomplete, misc. projects laying around his house and you happen to see something you NEED (now, remember you drive by this place everyday watching it rust away). Then when you finally get a hold of him he tells you that he has two more just like it but he won't sell any of it.

2. Squablow

Squablow

There are so many cars and so much parts for sale right now, it's hard to be mad at a pack rat type of guy.

Not only that, but it's the pack rat guys who end up saving a lot of this stuff for years and years. I've seen a lot of cool stuff coming out of old guy's lifetime collections recently.

3. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Stay the fuck out of my yard!!!!!!

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if this guy had given away or sold everything to anyone who stopped by it would be gone, if not for pakrats all the good stuff would be gone by now, we should all go out and thank them for not scrapping these old cars and junk when it was worthless.

5. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Most of these guys horde this stuff until they croak and their kids either auction it and get all of the money, the guy never gets anything for it , or worse yet the coot hordes it for so long by the time it does go on the market it's only good for scrap.

I've run into a lot of guys like this. They're in a wheel chair, coughing up brown gunk with a oxygen hose in their nose but they're "going to restore it", give me a break.

6. junk fiend

junk fiend

thats a good point iv never thought of it like that.

7. henry29

henry29

Doesn't it piss you off when some guy bugs the shit out of you for a year about buying a part you need and don't want sell, then you give in and tell him a price, only to have him try and talk you down less than half of what you told him. Then sell it to him later because you feel bad that the guy still can't find one,only to see him sell it on ebay two weeks later for four times what you where originaly asking for it.

8. I tend to be pissed at myself for not being as smart as these "packrats"...as they took stuff, most of which they probably got for free, and were smart enough to hold onto it...I have a buddy here in Ramona who did this and now is reaping the benefits of his vision...he affirms that guys bug the crap out of him and he quotes them a fair price finally and they either stomp off or try to talk him down...

9. My basement is FULL of misc old car parts trim etc. Most of it tagged as to what it came off of. My wife has orders to pass it all to my vending buddy if I croak.He will know what to do with it....

10. 62rebel

62rebel

probably use the proceeds to fund their honeymoon.

11. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

Well, then take care of it! Put it in dry storage! Don't let it rot away. In Upstate New York stuff doesn't last long outside in the elements; it's salty and humid here. AND, if you ask me it's worse watching this stuff decompose in some packrat, OCD guy's yard. Then it's worthless and no good to anyone anyway. The only way it gets distributed back into society is if the guy dies. Or worse, and I have seen this happen more than once, the guy dies and his family doesn't want to deal with it (because this type of packrat has so much stuff it becomes overwhelming) so they call someone to scrap it.

12. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

....and for all of you that love old stuff and see cool stuff piled up in someone's yard, you wonder if it's for sale too, don't lie...

13. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I used to buy and flip old cars and parts for money to get by. I can't tell you how many TIMES i've been pissed at myself for selling something for a few bucks more than I bought it for... and now the parts are worth 10X as much. Screw that. I gotta decent job now... i'm hording like a MOFO. Even scrap steel for me to play with.

HORDE. HORDE. HORDE.

If anybody wants me to give them a price on something i got... it's not going to be cheap. Don't like it? Go to hell and quit eye ballin' my stuff.

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

pointless thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.