Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

My girlfriend does, but only as long as i -- please don't give me crap --- work on her honda drag car. The only good thing about that car is that it packs 850 horses and 32 miles to the gallon. P.S. I am only 15, and have no car of my own right now, but that doesn't keep me from helping my neighbors out with theirs.

2. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

not realy, but she tolerates it with the expectation that eventually she'll get the 48 chevy 5 window pickup she wants

3. My wife is the best!!! we've been together for nearly 10 years now (with no car or project going)...she knew I had always had rods, or dragcars and one day saw me on ebay looking at "projects"...her response was, "I'm parking in the garage and if you want to build/buy another car, you need to clear room for it. I'll be damned, the following weekend she was clearing out room on the other side of the garage!
    She still doesn't really get it (why does someone need 700hp+ when you can only go 65mph?), but she accepts that it's just me and she is good with that...She likes crusing, but shows are ok for only 2-3 hours before bordom sets in

4. H.R.charlie

H.R.charlie

My wife loves my hobby ......I'm never home.

5. My wife has more rods and projects in my garage than I do! So, yeah, she digs it.

6. Blown Mopar

Blown Mopar
    from abc

She must like it. This was her daily driver for awhile when she was between Towncars. She picked it out, told me how to build it, and picked the paint and interior materials. We sold it about 6 years ago. She wants a 55 Chevy post now

Attached Files:

7. Mine grew up with brothers and a dad that built in the garage and raced. She's into it. We'll see what happens once we get married one day :)

8. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Don't know............. I never asked her :eek: :rolleyes:

9. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

My girlfriend is great!!
    She almost like the hotrod scene as much as i do!!
    She never complain when i spend hours and hours working in the garage!!
    (maybe because i prommised her to get married when the hudson is finaly finished)
    She owned a VW bug in the past and did all the work herself!!
    She's also into motorcycles and will buy a triumph this summer.
    Whe will make a complete new rolls and pleats interior together.
    I think we match !!

Attached Files:

• nico.jpg
      nico.jpg
      File size:
      47.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  10. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Dont think so ..............

Attached Files:

11. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

My girlfriend, works right beside me getting greasey on her own projects and tells me to get the hell outta the way many times too! She's not worried about her nails and even lost the end of a finger this last year.
    Plus she carries herself very well around the garage and takes no shit from the guys. I guess I am a lucky guy!
    *Shot I got of her pullin her engine out of her car.

[​IMG]

12. Philbilly

Philbilly

Your a lucky man. You better not let her away.

13. lots/of/stuff

lots/of/stuff
    from Dallas, Tx

All the way from Dallas to Cali.....without a top..... hot, cold, hot, cold, rain, etc!!!! Shes a keeper.

Attached Files:

14. woodman

woodman

not only No but HELL No!

15. El Gordo

El Gordo

Besides the obvious I also see 2 first generation Novas!
    Send her over to http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/

16. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

SHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYa dont thell her........

17. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

My girlfriend loves hot rods, and just old shit in general. Shes into the whole pin-up thing as well. Makes me feel very lucky at the end of the day.

Shes already claimed the '53 Chevy and '66 C-10, hopes one day we can find a Tri-Five Chevy and a '77-81 T/A.

18. 66cayne

66cayne

NO, but she does love football and basketball, big March Madness fan so I am not compalining!

19. dmw56

dmw56

Here's my wife's cars.
    American Hot Rod 72 Malibu with a 454HO/700R4
    [​IMG]

German Hot Rod '07 MB SLK280
    [​IMG]

She has these so I can keep the others!

20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Likes cars and knows a thing or two about them but would rather have me go with freinds.

21. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

My ex was kind of into cars but wasn't into the fact I had a life beyond our household. My current wife doesn't care if I go to races cruises or shows but hates me to spend a dime. So there's always a battle no matter which wife lol. It doesn't help that I do dump a lot of money into my cars but that's part of the reason I work and I can always sell the cars and get my money back out of them.

22. bdr1

bdr1

If it keeps me off of motorcycles, she's cool with it.

(obviously there was an "incident" to earn this reaction from her)

23. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

My old lady actually gets pissed with I talk about selling some of my MANY projects to fund other expenses. Says we will always have other shit to pay for and that I shouldn't give up what makes me happy........ gotta love her!

24. hemi guy 53

hemi guy 53
    from colorado

25. redo32

redo32

35 years ago on our "first date" gave her a ride on my 650 Yamaha, no rear pegs, took them off when I put the 2 into one exhaust on. 5 years later on our honeymoon rode the 750 to Victoria and stopped at Yakima Mini-Nationals on the way home. A year later getting my '48 p/u on the road she stopped at the shop & said "is there anything I can do?" I put a big ol glob of grease in her hand & showed her how to pack the frt wheel bearings. We've been in 22 western states, B.C. & Alberta in the truck, Sleeping in the canopy on top of a mountain in Glacier Park & 3500 miles to Louisville & back. Rode the touring bike to Laconia NH, 8500 mi in 3 &1/2 weeks, longest day was 740 miles & 5 states in 13 hrs. She got mad when I tore the '29 rdstr apart because the gas tank under the seat was leaking & the electrical was horrendous......she thought I was being vindictive cause she was having too much fun in the car. That was the year my son & I went to Bonneville & then to Pleasanton & she and a girl friend drove down the coast & met us. All she talked about was stopping at the winerys & all the guys that waved at them. She bought the tickets to Daytona 500, we rented a car & went to Key West, Garlits museum and stuck around for Bike Week. She really likes the cars & can tell the difference between a 33 & 34 Ford, We have meet lifelong friends & seen most of this country in a rod or bike ( we have 7 states left between Louisiana and N Carolina to see). Do you believe we have hiked every isle at the SEMA show for the last 15 years & never missed a booth. And she was by my side every bit of the way. She's my buddy, my lover & my wife. I'm a lucky SOB.

26. cracker head

cracker head

Yea and to Austin in monsoon season:)

27. Most days she is right there besides me. Purchased a 49 Ford 2 door yesterday, I am in Iraq so she handled the picking it up and getting it delivered. Suffice to say I am in the dog house right now with the way the deal went. Some people, have no sense of customer service in my opinion.
    Good thing is now I've got the 49 Ford with the flathead and tranny intact for 1000
    And she has at least 6 weeks to get over it before I get home. I hate pissing her off or ruining her day. Guess I will have to figure out how to make it up to her (work on her car before I start mine I figure)

28. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

come on now, we all know that's not going to happen..:D

29. erlomd

erlomd

My wife likes attending the more popular shows, GNRS, and local cruise nights at Big Boys in Burbank....thats about it...if im happy shes happy, and shes also happy when I shut up about Hot Rods...i guess thats why they invented this forum.:)

30. yruhot

yruhot

Interesting topic, Wife number3 wasn't much into cars but I've got a 1930 model A,56 chev and a 57 chev truck and did a vintage travel trailer 13 ft long painted to match the car and we travel all over going to shows and such. SHe loves the swap meets at show etc. She said I was having too much fun with my cars she bought her own 65 mustang fastback. Cool Car but too small for me.lol. So I guess she really likes it but didn;t know she would like it that much. But the secret is to try and get them involved some how. We show the trailer with the car and she preps it and I the car.[​IMG]