Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. yep. we dig the local ones. she brings the dog and everybody has a good time.

2. My little bitch loves Hemis.
    [​IMG]

3. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Mine looked at the '59 one day & said "That car makes me happy!". Me, too!!

4. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

My wife definitely likes cars, especially old cars and has really gotten involved in our '32 Tudor. She seems to like luxury classic cars better than hot rods. Our Ford is a compromise. Her father was a GM engineer in Flint Mi. And I'm lucky.

Attached Files:

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

I wish she liked it, my wife HATES the car hobby and everything that goes with it. Sometimes I don't know how I manage to keep going.:(

6. Do you have any sisters who share your passions???, Peace, Moosie :)

7. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

My girl has a 52 Merc and is hopefully going to help me with a 20's Ford build this year. We might pick up a 61 Impala for her too.

8. mine loves it, packs a lunch for EVERY swapmeet....hauls the parts back to the car, she is the best ever...:D:D:D:D:D

9. big creep

big creep

i took her to one. she liked it, but i want to keep it a thing i do with the boys. i love my girl, but its nice to get away sometimes you know!

10. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

My wife is definately into this hobby! She enjoys the shows she likes to go to, and doesn't mind it if I go to ones she doesn't. She took my chopped '52 Chev PU to many shows last year, and loves driving it for the power it makes. My big joke when she starts popping off at me at a car gathering is the fact that one of us got arrested back in the day for street racing, and it wasn't me (mid 70's Trans Am with a 421 Super Duty motor that she installed with very little help)! We're FINALLY getting going on her '66 Chevelle SS clone, and she is getting pumped about being able to drive it soon! Hell, her daily driver is a '06 GTO with a 6 spd! Love her!

11. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

my wife didnt like anything about it except the fact that she could tell every one it was hers. quite a shock when i told her to keep it im outta here. month later she sold the truck. brought the new girlfriend to look at a 65 new yorker and she wouldnt walk away from it. thursday she dropped the trans in her car so drove the boat on friday. got a call at work. said the boats engine compartment lit up like a christmas tree but its not completely toast, oh i got my trans when can i put it in? and im going to put a bigger motor in the boat if you paint it! :):):):) i found the winner!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Okie Ben

Okie Ben

My girlfriend likes goin to shows, but says my panel truck is too loud:rolleyes: plus the no a/c part...

13. lorodz

lorodz

my girl like the car seen just not this car seen she like's sports cars'' im a car guy period i love all cars hot rods customs sleds traddional gassers muscle..etc

14. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

No, but I don't like her anyway. She's a bitch. She keeps sayin "I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND! LEAVE ME ALONE YOU WEIRDO!"

15. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

my girl loves antiques, hot rods, kustoms, exotics...goin to shows shes full of questions about which year this car is, is that car chopped, is that candy paint, is that all original or stock? its fun takin her to shows cuz she's slowing learning a lot about the hot rod scene and its awesome seein she actually has a good taste in customizing.

16. mike shults

mike shults
    from auburn ca.

My wife's measurements are 7.23 at 181.72...i'd hafta say she's cool with it!

17. What do you think ?Look at her face !! what a keeper !!

18. My wife rides a Harley, and drives a 66 Barracuda.

19. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

(She got any sisters ?) :D

20. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Mine likes going to events and such simply to be together doing the same thing.

Her cars are a '47 Dodge 2 dr sedan and a '67 Firebird

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  21. killer-D

killer-D

My wife is big into cars.That is one reason we got together.I met her at a carshow.She grew up around cars.She used to help her mom build cars.I am a very lucky man.
    I am a custom pinstriper /painter.She is always working beside me at all the shows.If you see me at the shows ,you see her.That is where she is the most happy.She is not afraid to get her hands dirty.Like I said,I am very lucky to have a wife,friend and partner like her

Her Mom has built some really nice cars.4 of them have won top tens at different Goodguys shows. a thames,409 bubbletop 61 chevy,a baremetal 65 vw bug with airride and a custom 63 falcon conv.

Attached Files:

22. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

My better half is into hot rods as well, however; not devoted to the extent which I am.... It was pretty kool some 10 years ago before I was runing my nostalgic drag car, we were at Indy Goodguys and my wife states; "lets watch these races, the cars have parachutes".... well I thought to myself, maybe she will not mind nostalgia drag racing after all, she enjoys our street driven hot rod. Well five years later, we are running a nostalgic drag car with a "Parachute", imagine that.....

23. 1955fairlane

1955fairlane

Yup, I think my boyfriend is happy that I'm into it as much as he is. As soon as he walks in the door from work....I tell him about my ideas for the final custom touches to my Ford. He loves that the first words out of my mouth are about cars....And I love that he loves it!

24. airmentbob

airmentbob
    from san diego

the x had a thing for my car but not for me! imagine that,..she drove a toyota 100 horser. As far as the scene, don't rightly know!

25. wally55

wally55

My wife likes to go to the shows as long as there is cold beer and a hot shower at some point,but preferres drag racing.

26. I am a wife...so yes? Lol

27. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Here's the wife running her truck @ Norwalk...

Attached Files:

28. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Well if she is a car girl it works, my wife and I are into the over 60 group. She helped me bleed the brakes on our 38 Chev and it turned out great.

29. Rif Raf

Rif Raf

My wife drives a 69 Charger General Lee, so I would say yes!

30. Marcia

Marcia

When we bleed the breaks together, I get to learn some new words!:D