Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, you have to be careful. It has never worked out well for me!;)

Nick32vic, there has to be a "stripper" joke in there somewhere (seriously, safety gear when stripping paint).

2. mrmonkeyman

mrmonkeyman

She wasn't at first, Persitance and a few beers(hang on a minute thats how she went from girlfriend to wife) at a couple of car shows and she's in.

3. These are pictures of my girl and I for our engagement photos. It was her idea, and my '50 Pilothouse that is my daily driver is what we drove off in for our wedding. I got a '51 Shoebox last spring that I'm fixing up right now, and she keeps trying to get me to give it to her when I get it on the road.
    Nuff said.

Attached Files:

4. A29TOENVY

A29TOENVY

This is my wife with her rambler at the southwest nostalgia drags in az.she ended up winning first place in this bracket.car runs 11.60-11.70 and she drives it on the street.

Attached Files:

5. rustyhood

rustyhood

Met my wife when she was 9 and I was 11. So she nows my love for old cars/trks. The 36 as my pic was in our garage, motor hanging on lift, few spots of body work showing.It was Mothers Day weekend, there was a Rod Run going on this same weekend. She walks out to the garage and asked me about the rod run. I said but what about Mothers day? She started masking and I reinstalled the motor, shot some primer unmasked the next morning and had a blast that weekend. 35 years and she's still the love of my life! (well except for the 36)

6. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

She must like it pretty good, she just sold her '56 Ford Sunliner that she's had for about 10 years. Her current car is a Merc! She had a '58 Vette before that and '55 Crown Vic prior to the Vette. Our first date was to see American Grafitti in '75.
    This past Friday we had our 32nd Anniversary, so I guess there's something to be said about "The family that plays together, stays together"
    Here's to 32 more, Babe!

7. Hates the whole hotrod thing.I have to ring for parts on outside lines or she throws a hissy.Her whole thing is decorating,which I detest,so I am constantly trying to get browny points wasting my time and money on house stuff so I can get on the car?

8. My girl wasn't into it, was unaware, before we met... yet now she really gets into it, and supports my passion 100%. She also likes the fact that your wives and girl friends go also, otherwise she would feel outnumbered... just like we would at a traditional girl event.

9. Scene? sort of normal life around hear, second date was to see a uncle race , at a 5/8 mile dirt track.... picked her up..in my 65 SS she was dressed with white slacks and a white top....long hot dry summer........I thought to myself,,,, this is gonna be a train wreck.. we sat and watched hot laps in the first turn.....by the end of the night the only thing white was the white of her eyes....that was 30 plus years ago.. always had hotrods ,did a stint at dragracing for 10 years or so.... always took wife , went to many nats in saint paul mn in my 35 no air.... started taking my kids as soon as they were born.1st daughter was 6 weeks old went to York Pa......she does not go to everything anymore but always invited.

Life is good

10. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

she doesnt get it. The obsession that is. She likes the classics but doesnt really get, but wants a 32 highboy and a 427 cobra (after seeing one recently).

11. Dirt Dobber

Dirt Dobber

My wife could give a rat's ass, but that could be due to the fact that my project is not running yet. Maybe she'll change her mind when I take her for a ride.

12. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i think she would like it more if she had a rod to drive...she doesn't like workin on em that much...i've dragged her outside many times...im thinkin of gettin a project that i can give to her when its done...she wants a early 50s pick up...but she sure loves the vendors at the shows...

13. Rooney00

Rooney00

I don't like the "scene" myself, just cars. My wife, she likes puppy's and kittens.

14. Racedad

Racedad
    from Sacramento

was married 2 times and have 3 Beautiful kids and They all love Rods.My youngest Daughter is 12 and has been around it all her life, she even gets an occasional moment learning to drive my Coupe, supervised of course , had to sneak money to get hot rod parts and then come up with some lame excuse for spending the cash on my project... been single 10 years, and am still waiting to meet a cool chick who is also interested in what We do. Now I have 3 Hot Rods, and dont have answer to no one!! I hear my buddies grumbling about there significant other and chuckle relishing in my Freedom...

15. My wife loves the car shows and especially drag racing. She goes everywhere with me. She's just "one of the guys".
    This isn't my truck, but her name is Lee, so I had to snap this picture.
    [​IMG]

16. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

Ex-wife didn't like the "dirt-trackin' so I quit that and soon everybody around me had a Hot Rod but ME.
    But that's O.K. now....everybody seem's happy.

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

18. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

I guess I'm a lil differant . My girl loves them as much as me , has 8 of her own , not into new cars at all , drives a stick and turns her own wrenches .
    LOL, I had to beg to drive her Sandman : /

19. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Same here!

20. My wife loves it and had already been racing bombers in the 'crash to pass' series for 12 years when I met her 4 years ago. She loves to go to the junkyard on our trips to the dry belt and pull parts, and she really digs shopping for the next project, usually has better judgement than me and has talked me out of buying things I would have regretted later. She leaves the building up to me, and tried her hand at drag racing and did very well, but thought it was boring(she figures it ain't racing if you're not swapping paint). But she REALLY enjoys driving the rods and pickups I build, and digs the drag racing weekends towing the race car to the track and camping out, road trips, and occasional show and shine to show off our latest build. I think I'm a pretty lucky guy. Oh yeah, she's hot too.

Attached Files:

21. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, I'll give ya that! ;)

22. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

both of em do - neither like my motorsickles though

ahh just kidding - my wife is my gf - shed love it if i actually got one of mine on the damn road to cruise! but yea, hates to see the money i spend on em, but she puts up with it way more than most of my buds

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  23. BangShiftChad

BangShiftChad

Yeah, mine is into it. Plus, she knows that is how I make my living, so it is part of the deal.

We actually met when I bought a race engine from her dad. I thought he was the dirty old man with the killer trophy wife, and then I found out it was his daughter. Single...daughter.

I told her it cost me $4000 to pick her up for our first date. It's cost me a lot more since then!

24. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

when I first met my wife she pulled into my driveway and seen my 57 chevy 2 door hard top belair sitting there in black primer and she said what is that I told her and she asked why is the front so high and I told her it was a gasser setup and she had never heard of either one , but our next date she had done her homework and asked me if I planed on using Hilborn setup on the motor and asked is it a stick or automatic and I said Automatic and her exact words were then you better use the right torque converter and a trans brake if you plan on doing a wheel stand ... I fell in love right then and there

25. motorhead711

motorhead711

HELL YES. She loves the hot rod scene. She also owns and drives her own 66 mustang, and is currently working on a 53 plymouth 4 door coupe....

26. BigLos

BigLos

My wife loves it. She does the shows with me. She wants her own car now, guess I have to deliver. this is her at the Roundup

Attached Files:

27. Abner

Abner

My latest ex didnt like my cars, she didnt understand why i spent more money on the car than her...

28. mac762

mac762

Having your Girl help bleed your brakes can be a great test of your relationship. :) (Don't do it.)

My Girl loves going to car shows and the racetrack. She understands how much I love my car, and helping my Friends with theirs. All is good here.

29. Just Jones

Just Jones

Hell yes. That picture in my avatar is her at El Mirage. Here's a picture of her working on her Fairlane and roadtripping to Viva Las Vegas (where she blew by me doing about 100 at one point). She's in to it as much as I am, thank God. - Speedy

Attached Files:

30. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

It's petty much my own thing. My girl and her boy support me, but couldn't care less for it.