Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. storm king

storm king

My wife loves anything I do. We fly, ride, shoot, and do just about everything together. She is a lady (as opposed to just being a woman), and I treat her as such. I've had her on the back of my ZX10 Ninja at an indicated 155 MPH, had her flying upside down in aircraft, she shoots automatic weapons with the kids and I,and as long as we're together, she's down for the program. She crewed my turbo funnybike years ago, but she's not usually a wrench turner; she does other things to keep herself busy. She is the love of my life.

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She's not mine yet, but gettin close and yeah she digs it big time! Only I have to learn to surf for her....

3. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Mine has her own car a 29 sedan. Her only requirements are it has to be loud & she likes a radio. Go figure! She settled for loud!!

4. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

My girl loves it, the grease, the noise, the smell, sleeping in the back seat at shows. Now she is trying to convince me to build a vintage drag bike! Not sure if she loves me or wants to kill me? Either way... If I can get her to pay for it, now that would be the trick!

5. jasonpickett

jasonpickett

My fiance loves every part of it. We are getting married in January and I can say that I couldn't ask for someone better. And the best part is she wants me to help her build one for her one day. She is excited about learning things also.

Jason

6. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Well my EX was into it at the beginning. She was a little backwards on things, as we would go for a ride on the bike and she kept screaming go faster faster, Then we get in the car and I would do the typical stuff, you know smoke threw second and grab third, mess with the import guys at the lights, and she would have a come apart. Then when we had a daughter I guess she thought it was supposed to end. I had to put up with the "you spend to much time out in the shop" and "you spend to much money on that junk".Well after years of that it ended. My new GF is all about it she loves the cars . She dont like building as much as riding and going to shows but i dont get the look or talk when im out in the shop all night. She will bring me food when i am. She's a little scared of the bikes though. Still havent got her to go on a long ride with me, But she asked when she was getting her property patches the other day so there is hope yet.

7. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Wife doesn't ... girlfriend does. S-W-E-E-T

8. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Honeybunny is good with it all, says she wants a woody,I tell her I will give her one everyday. (Nice swing! Dear)

9. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

my fiance (Hi-Tork) is terrific, she loves every aspect of it, and actually always wants to be a part of all aspects. we do everything together. when i disassembled my 303 olds she was on the floor in the shed with me wrenching loose the bottom end, getting greasy as hell, and when i recently found i needed a different block to use some of my vintage speed parts she gave me the rebuilt 60 389 pontiac she had bought for her roadster project!!!. even our two year old daughter is down and LOVES to get greasy! its a task in its self to keep her away when im working on somethin.. she's always sayin "daddy can i help fixin'?" i gotta say im lucky, and we are a little family of hot rodders and i couldn't be happier, i love em both to death!

10. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

My wife of 30 years likes hotrodding as much or more than me, she likes shows, cruising and will help work on them. My grown daughter and son are also both into cars and both have their own which I think is cool but it keeps me plenty busy.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

12. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife has been involved in it with me for 33 years--she has a 55 (in our photo album)that we have had since then and it was her daily and she ran it at Sears Pt on a regular basis from 85-92--always helps me with the detail type work on various cars (hood/door/fender alignment and gaps,etc.) and is in on the design/color selection of interiors and exterior color as well.-has a better eye for color combos that I do by far !!

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

My wife pretended to like hot rods when we dated....openly hates them now.

14. Shane7

Shane7

My wife of 16 years likes cars.She's bot both of my hot rods.A real trooper.

15. shoebox barnes

shoebox barnes
    from Minnesota

My wife loves vintage carsa but not mucle cars she will go to shows if the cars are vintage.

16. elrobo818

elrobo818

my wife was in the rockabilly scene when i first met her... now that we're married she dropped the rockasilly scene and is into the hot rod scene... she wants a ride of her own too... shes gotta learn how to work on it first before she can drive it... wouldnt want the misses to break down somewhere and be stranded.

17. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

18. Well....we dated for a long time, kinda, got compilcated, anyway, she has more cars than i do, motorcycles as well. Just different kind of cars. 67 CAMARO RS, 70 VW GHIA CONVERT , 70 GHIA HRDTP, 70 SPITFIRE CONVERT, VW-40 FORD RAG CONVERSION , 70 TRIUMPH 65O BONNE BOBBER, CUSTOM YAMAHA, 03 DRIFTER, 66 HONDA DREAM .
    All hers, not rich either. Prefers a socket set over flowers.

19. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

My wife loves rodding. Likes it so much she's going to let me start building a 32 RPU. Shes been behind me for 42 years. Thinks a rpu will be freaking great for her to drive.
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud its just like OKC, it sucks!"

20. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

First one hated the cars, the money spent on cars, and thought they were a waste of time. My wife now of 10 years is a racers daughter she loves the shows, the cars, and doesn't mind the money spent. However, I think the actual work not so much she will come out turn one bolt ask some crazy question that is totally off the wall and then disappear. However, after turning one bolt or moving a jackstand she built the whole thing. Never mind the hours of welding, hammering, shaping or anything else I did. She cracks me up. The nut.

21. rhd

rhd
    from austin tx

my new wife didnt know much about hot rods when i met her but now i get her welding, and doing some small fab work, o and she makes sure i have the money i need to get the stuff for my car that i need.......and now she wants one of her own.......one with fins! lol........not bad for a padgent girl i lucked out big time!

22. I know how you feel, at best mine "tolerates" them, and hates most of the "low life losers" i like to hang out with!!

23. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

my girlfriend drives a chopped 54 ford daily. We chopped it together and she loves it.

Attached Files:

24. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

I think she's in too deep! She almost loves it more than I do! But thats the way I like it!
    [​IMG]

25. daddio211

daddio211

Ran 400 miles south to Scottsdale this weekend in the '32 roadster... with the top on, but no side curtains. (Did about 900 miles round trip.) My wife froze her butt off, her back hurt, and we sniffed gas fumes the whole way there and back, yet she had a big smile and NEVER complained!

Friday morning she wasn't feeling too good from all the gas fumes, so she slept in a little while I worked on the gas leak and cleaned the car up.

Found a brake problem, she walked about a mile to a gas station (and back) with me to get brake fluid, we held hands, talked and laughed the whole way.

She helped me put the fuel tank back in, turned wrenches for me, and even helped Bernie and I replace the header collector gasket on his roadster Saturday afternoon!

Saturday evening? Well that's not HAMB friendly. More like, "Dear Penthouse, you're never gonna believe this!"

Sunday morning we got up, packed up the car and smelled much fewer gas fumes the whole way home. We had to cut the carpet and padding out of the car, it was DRENCHED with fuel!

So yes, my wife loves the old car thing. She likes shows, she likes traveling, she likes to help me work on our stuff, she likes my (our) friends. I am one VERY LUCKY guy!

26. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Thats why im single, my ex- would always get jealous of me spending hundreds of dollars every week on my hot rod. ......it was either her or the car... wasn't a hard choice.

27. my wife was raised around cars but she also likes doing other things with the kids i dont get it what else is there?

28. My husband, is not into the scene to much but he is happy that it brings joy to my life and takes the stress away. I know it has to do with wife/ girlfriend but I figure same smell. :p

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not even a little. She thinks that I should shut down my shop and start doing environmental cleanup or solar panel installation for a living, and start riding a bike. Hmmm....:(

I have yet to meet a woman who likes the hot rod scene, AND me.