Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

Won't let you drive, huh?

2. My wife loves the cars but get tired at the races a little too fast. :rolleyes:

3. Nik

Nik

Mine pretty much gives me free reign on the car stuff. She likes some of the old stuff, but she has no desire to HAVE to drive one to work, so she putts around in her Volvo and lets me pay with my stuff.

4. Back in 1996, I had my soon to be bride sign this add for a XK140 FHC (I had good taste) when we sold off my brit bikes and other toys to get married and be "responsible". She asked why she was signing the add and I said "Hon as far as I'm concerned this is a binding contract that I get at least one toy to replace these before I'm 40 years old". On My 37th birthday she had me drag the "contract" out of my wallet and sign the other side of it "paid in full". It wasn't a 140 but I did get the first pontiac and the starting pieces for my dads deuce pickup (besides we all know I was never going to be able to afford the Jag)

She tolerates my stuff, she helps out every once in awhile, she sends me on a junkyard tour vacation each year with a couple close friends and she calls my projects "the other women". (i.e. Are you spending Friday night with the other women?)

Here is the "contract"

[​IMG]

5. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

Holy shit...that's great! I can feel her eyes burning the back of my head right now all the way at work.

6. autobilly

autobilly

Mrs. Autobilly digs the cars, the music and the style that I can't imagine (or remember) life without.

7. bje31

bje31
    from Western PA

I'm lucky, very lucky. My bride likes to ride, cruise, watch, do swap meets, etc. Never ever bitches about what I buy. Sometimes she even encourages me to buy more !!! Now she wants a Model A roadster. God have I been blessed !!!

8. My wife goes to all the events, does not care how much I spend or how long I am in the garage. We even christened new builds in the garage, thats why I am building her her own car, a Model A coupe. Life is good!

9. RayMiller

RayMiller

My wife likes my cars but won't dare go to a car show or with me to the drags and forget tryin to get her to ride in one, the only one she will sit in is my 55. She didn't mind when we were dating but when we got married it was you should by a new truck, and I had to sell my 66.

10. SteadyT

SteadyT

I got a new one, but she's really into my muscle car, MUCH more than my hot rod pick up :(

Dump her??? haha

11. csclassics

csclassics

Not really a car gal......I do get the occasional you love your car more then me or the kids trip, but overall she's pretty good about it....I expect it to get worse when the kids are older and out of the house though....when she's bored.
    Sometimes buggs me about gettin hitched...

I WON'T GET MARRIED BECAUSE THE MONEY THAT I'LL USE FOR THE DIVORCE IS MONEY THAT I COULD PUT INTO THE CAR!!!! :)

12. simon g-s

simon g-s

Hell no, hates it and every thing about it. After 30+ years I thing she knows I aint gonna change. Best bit is I rent a Barn, she came to pick me up one evening , got haf way in the right direction and then realised she didnt actually know where it was!! been there 6 years, how we laughed!!

13. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

14. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

She likes the scene and loves our car. She's just a car-gal that likes shiney chrome.

15. My ex got the gold mine, I got the toys.

16. motorpsycho

motorpsycho
    from Finland

Its not legal to drink and drive,and finnish guys drink a lot :D
    Plus she is really good driver,much better than many guys are :cool:

17. hscott

hscott

My wife say as long as I'm happy, she could care less about cars. But on the other hand you got to remember she there too. Scott

18. swi66

swi66

Before we got married, I told my bride to be that someday, the issue is going to come up.
    You will want me to sell my Dodge (66 Coronet Convertible). For some rerason, to pay bills, buy a house, need something. Just don't even aask and things will work out. If the subject comes up, remember, I had the Dodge first!
    It never was an issue, she never brought it up, I still have the Dodge, and several more toys as well.
    Now over the years, many of my friends had to sell their toys for various reasons, always at their wife's request.
    Funny thing, none of them are still married.........................

19. TOM-KAT38

TOM-KAT38

Not only is she into it, Kathy probably puts more miles on our cars (38 Chev sedan & 62 Chevy II convert) than I do. She and her friends Barb & Liz have driven their cars all over the U.S.A. & Canada to lots of events, big & not so big. Our 38 Chev has even been to Mexico. Tom

20. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

100%er all the way, lets me spend all our money...gotta love her for it.
    She had a HUGE grin when (we bought) I bought this one-

Attached Files:

21. She tries, but for the most part she's just 'trying'. ;)

22. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

She's not much for wrenching on her own but is definitely into the scene.

23. Fiance LOVES them! Any old car, even my JEEPS!!! She hangs out in the garage with me "as long as I teach her how to do that" and gets dirty! She's a keeper!

24. sir

sir

yes!!

Attached Files:

25. Flatlander

Flatlander

I already had cars when we got married so she knew what to expect. She will attend at least one show a year. For the most part she just likes to go cruising around and does not want to spend the weekend at a show. She is never on my case about cars, parts or tools. I can live with that.

26. grouchy

grouchy

Yep, she loves it, when I met her she was driving a '72 GTO.....

27. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

Mine of 18 years didn't, one of the reasons she is an EX

28. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

that's awesome! Any sisters????? ROFL

29. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

I met my wife 35 years ago, when my partner (at the time, I was racing stock cars) brought a guy to my shop to look at a 57 Chevy 210 I had for sale. She was tagging along. I was DRUNK. She thought I was funny. He bought the car and left her. She's been trying to help me since. Hers is a love for customs, mine is a Passion. Dawn is still after 33 years married, the best friend I've ever had.

Note; The name of my garage is" GET YOUR FCKN SHIT OUTTA HERE room. When will that woman realize, A garage is no place for a lawn mower.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  30. HI-TORK

HI-TORK

I love that my fiance loves hotrods. Its a lot of fun and something we can do together (when he lets me help) and also very sexy! He is working on a 29 model a and having some issues with his motor so I just gave him mine that was going to go into my project. I figure its more efficient to work on one at a time so at least one of us can have a finished project. Once he's done though it'll be my turn! :D