Register now to get rid of these ads!

does this look wright

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by I SMELL SMOKE, Aug 3, 2008.

1. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i have every thing tacked up but im not sure if the body sitting wright on the frame .does it look OK or does it need something?any opinions will be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty much right to me. Nice shed too.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Car looks cool... but you need to reevaluate your weldes on that last picture!

4. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

looks good from my house

5. whats your distance from the fire wall to the front crossmember? you may want to slide back a bit

6. jimmyv

jimmyv

I'd mock up whatever engine/tranny you plan on using.

7. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

I second the mockup advice. Also handy to use the bolt holes (if your 32 rails have them) to align your firewall. PM me if you need a 32 rail diagram with measurements and I'll email it to you. Good looking start!

8. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well i marked the center of the rear wheel well axle on the body from the old frame and put it in the center of where the rear axle on the new frame. my motor is at the machine shop so i cant do a mauch up yet but i have about 3in extra in the engine compartment now that sound about wright?

9. racemad55

racemad55

Roof looks to be about 4or5 inches to tall!

10. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

ok i went and got some measurements.at the bottom of the fire wall its 32in.to the front crossmember. best i can figure the body is 2 3/8 of an inch further back than it was on the model a frame. does thet sound about wright? thanks for the help you guys

11. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

ill get to that in do time.ill split the differnce with ya and go 4 1/2

12. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ya really need to kind of put all the main parts in place in a mock-up too get a real feel for it your way. Looks like your thinking of welding the body to the frame,ummm kind of vibs more that way and makes cracks in body.:eek:

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

A general rule of thumb when mounting an A body on a '32 frame is to line up the front of the firewall with the front of the frame sweep. Hope I'm making sense. As the character line in the side of the frame sweeps up to the top of the frame align that point with the front edge of the firewall.
    This can be altered front to back a slight amount to accomodate the particulars of the build but it is a pleasing visual point to start.

Frank

14. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i made a piece out of 3in x 3/16 steel .its not the frame

Attached Files: