Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anyone remember?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopper cliff, May 29, 2012.

1. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Does anyone remember an article in Rod&Custom from 94 about a trade , where a 31 A sedan was traded for a 31 roadster in Bakersfield California, the sedan was found in Jackson Ca and towed south , stopped in Bakersfield for fuel and as they say the rest is history?? I originally built the sedan and am curious as to its wherabouts Originally built in 68 while I was in High school in Linden Ca, sold it in late 70's, it traded hands several times until it was featured in R&C editorial page showing the front and firewall, where I had painted a large script ford in the middle, I found a copy of the letter I sent R&C back in 94 and got no responce, so my curiosity got the best of me.Anybody????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. derbydad276

derbydad276

nope dont remember that far back... kinda fuzzy

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wish I could help but 25 minutes ago is too fuzzy in my memory...........

Good luck though.

Doc.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, scan and post a pic of car what it looked like when you had it.

5. Pretty sure it was the editor or assistant, Will Handzel, and he built the roadster as a under-$10k project story. It may have been in the other Peterson publication- Hot Rod as well.

6. Will Handzell was a former Rod & Custom staffer who built the roadster Algoma56 is talking about in a series of articles that appeared in Hot Rod from Sept 95 to Dec 95. As of 2009 it was reported that he still had it.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Yep I remember this. Dunno anything about it but I remember it.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wasn't Will working for one of the Company type magazines up in Detroit in the last couple of years? Like Don said, I too remember maybe a Hot Rod article on where he and the car were about two or three years ago.

9. Pretty sure he has been working for GM as a Controls Engineer for a while now, as well as writing books on LS performance

10. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

wondering what happened to the sedan?

11. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

it was my 2nd A 1st hot rod only way I regonized it was the widened rear fenders and the Ford logo still on the firewall, paint had been stripped and the landou top had been removed, but when you build a rod specially in those days where you built every part you don't forget too much, god damn 1st wife!

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

I rember the R&C story, most likely still have the old issues up in the attic. Hope you find the car. Bob

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I was suggesting that the easiest way to trace a car you are searching for is to get ahold of the last known owner... We know that is Will Handzell. He might have some recollection of the guys name or what town it went to.