Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs does anyone know who owns this ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Mar 4, 2010.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

does any one know owns this ford? my dad owned it back in the early 70's it was in portland oregon thanks for any info
    [​IMG]

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

There's info on here. I think the guy is on here also. I think the hood folded over the roof on the way to Paso one years and Hines and Dean roughed it into place or something. It had a 54 Chevy grille and some rolled front pan with a spoiler on the bottom , right?

3. couverkid

couverkid

Tim elliott used to own it. I believe he sold it. He is from mcminnville,oregon. His hamb name is houseofhotrods

4. madwagon56

madwagon56

my father got it and it was sectioned but the front end was wrecked it set behind our house for a long time, he trade it to someone for some 34 ford parts, the car dissappeared and then it turned up at the portland swap meet in primer, then it was painted white and then i heard it went to california from portland. thanks for the info im trying to find the pictures of it when dad had it with the front end was wrecked.

5. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I first saw the car in 1996 or 1997, it was at Hot August Nights in Reno. I fell in love with it, as I had dated Ron Courtney's (X51 Ford) daughter in high school. I felt it was as clost to owning X51 as I would ever get. I left a note on the car, it had been in Alberta Canada, but had sold at auction in Reno. The guys that bought it, bought it to sell it, so after some haggling, I bought it. Rumor has it it was built in the late 50's to early 60's from a badly wrecked '51. It was built by an older fellow over the course of a few years, I think it was orange, quad canted headlights at that time. There was a high school kid that bought it, and paid for it over time. He graduated from high school, and wrecked the car, badly. Rumor is he was killed in the accident. It sat wrecked for quite some time, then got put back on the road. I found traces of root beer brown over orange, and then white primer, then yellow primer, then the red. There was a flower power type sticker - probably from the late 60's on the differential that I removed - covered with black paint and undercoat. That I could trace the car went from Portland to Washington, then back to Portland, then to Washington again, up to Canada, then back to Portland via Reno. I never found any California roots, other than my trip to Paso with it. The car just 'called my name', so I had to have it. So it began - the day I bought it the tranny went out, found a reciept from a trans shop in Portland, come to find out they had 'doped' the tranny to make it move, some. I told them I would stop payment on the check, if they didn't fix it - they did. Worked on it a lot, to get ready to drive to Paso Robles. Apparently not enough - on the way the fuel pump dumped, twice, the voltage reg went bad, twice - cooking the battery on the way home, nearly blowing it up. The trunk flew open dumping my sleeping bag and some gear off a bridge on I-5 South, into a river! The hood flew open on a sharp freeway not once, but twice. the second time the peaked and leaded hood hit the roof and my head. I trucked on, and made it to Paso, and had everyone sign the hood, still have it! There, the carb went bad. Had the car repaired and kept it for quite a few years. When I moved - I was driving it and the brakes failed, nearly got killed in that one, but miraculously, survived. Before it was done, the car caught on fire, burned me, shocked me, got a watch band red hot that permanently branded my wrist, and the list goes on. I refused to carry my daughter or any passengers in the car after a while.
    Had a fellow come by once, talking about a sectioned/chopped '51 Ford that he had refurbed and painted it red - the car had been nothing but trouble for him, and he called it the PMS car. He was glad it was gone. I took him out to my shop - and asked - 'this car'? He was shocked - it was the same car. I sold the car about 4 years ago, and not sure if the fellow still has it. I am relatively convinced the car was either posessed, or just carried some bad karma with it. Had my 'fun', drove it a bunch, took some pics, and that's all I can say about it. The pic you have was at Puyallup - the only trip I ever took that had no issues. Somewhere I have some pics of it over time, but never any of it's original customization. Tim :)

6. Diesel627

Diesel627

Wow! Crazy story, good read though!

7. madwagon56

madwagon56

its such a small world my father always said there was something not right with car thats why he sold it and pass on it again later. kinda gives ya the willys and i dont mean the car.

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

If somebody put wheels and tires like that on me, id be pissed off to. :rolleyes:

9. couverkid

couverkid

Good story tim. Or not.:)

10. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Really? They were (and still are) a vintage set of Johnson wheels - made in late '62 by Exhaust Specialties - stamped into the hoops is the date code, about the same time that car first hit the street. They were doing well and decided to branch out into the wheel market - they didn't make it in that biz. Aluminum center on a chrome steel rim. the same type construction as Radir wheels. I had bought them NOS from a speed shop not far from here, still have 'em and the boxes too, as well as some of the original advertising from the company like one would have run in a magazine. They only made a few hundred sets. I'll make sure and not install anything vintage like that on a car from the same era ever again. Funny, it made several mags at the time, and even popped up in one a few months ago. What the heck was I thinking - era correct parts on a period built car......What were you thinking, red painted wheels and blackwall radials (skinny whites on the backside - oh yeah baby), or chrome smoothies with white letter tires like the tri five in the background??? The Fonz would be proud of ya mate! :)

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Touche' !!!

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

ah ah, and pretty hard too! :D
    At this point a few pics wouldnt hurt y'know!

13. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

Alls I can say is that other than the car looking REALLY killer, I thought the wheels and tires complimented it rather nicely. But then what do I know. Good luck on the hunt for further info! -GothY-