Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Does anyone know this '49 Olds sedanette?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retromotors, Jan 28, 2009.

1. retromotors

retromotors

I'm looking at a couple of potential project cars. One of them would probably end up being more of a restoration than an actual HAMB-friendly rod.

The other one is a '49 Olds 2-door sedanette. I got this image off another website while looking for ideas. Was wondering if anyone knew this car. I love the chop, stance and general look of this car, other aspects I would probably do differently.

Any info on this car, or general info/comments on chopping fastback style cars would be appreciated.

Regards, Retro

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Don't know the car but I like what's been done - chop, radiused wheel wells, center section delete on front bumper.

dj

3. retromotors

retromotors

I hear ya, propwash!

My general inclination when I'm looking at an unmolested "survivor" is to keep it fairly stock. (I know .... BAD HAMBer, BAD HAMBer...!!):rolleyes:

But the Olds in the pic grabs me just right. The proportions are spot on.

4. 49toad

49toad

This olds was at the 2005 leadsled. It was listed as a 1950 olds. It was from Hutchinson kansas. The name on the windshield was Richard Darling I think. I shot a couple of pictures but not sure of the last name. I haven't seen it since. Hope this helps.:eek::eek:

5. retromotors

retromotors

Thanks toad.

Doesn't surprise me about the year model, the site where I got the pic is a good visual resource, but you don't wanna count on the info supplied ... year models, sedans listed as coupes, etc. Sometimes a bazillion pics of the same freakin' car!

Mostly would like to find out the numbers on the chop. Kind of a Goldilocks thang: "Not too high, not too low, but juuuust right!" :D

6. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

49 Olds=two piece windshield, 50 Olds=one piece windshield. As original

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say buy a 4 door to annoy James Maxwell.:D