Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods DOES ANYONE KNOW "Longislandvic"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoeboxdriver, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Shoeboxdriver

Shoeboxdriver
    from Holmen, WI

Had a phone conversation with a fella who said his HAMB handle was Long Island Vic and has been on here for a long time, interested in buying items I have advertised here. I couldn't find him in the member directory, maybe I spelled wrong? Also I mentioned I only accept Paypal, and after a pause he said he didn't have it but his buddy "Joey" would use his Paypal to send payment before I ship. Now I'm not new to buying/selling online but how does this smell to you guys???

Shoebox

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. As long as you get paid I wouldn't worry about it. HRP

4. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

INVISIBLEKID likes this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I am going to say is that we probably have as many "members" who scope out the classifieds on a regular basis who never (badge of honor among them it seem) never look at the board.

6. Shoeboxdriver

Shoeboxdriver
    from Holmen, WI

Thanks Flamedabone for that link.
    I gotta admit that seeing Vic having been a member since'02 and having over 2700 posts makes me feel better. He mentioned computer problems, perhaps that explains lack of recent posts. Thanks guys.

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@Shoeboxdriver

USPS Money Order.......only! PayPal can and will recover the money if any complaint is lodged by the ‘buyer’. Seriously.

See the current thread.....”Does this smell like a scam”. I am quite surprised the majority of responders to that thread have not inundated this thread :D

Ray

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I sold him a set of 'slugs' (as he called my pistons) years ago. Smooth transaction. He's a character for sure.
    IRRC he went through a bout with caner, too. That kept him away for quite a while.

9. Shoeboxdriver

Shoeboxdriver
    from Holmen, WI

Thanks for the additional comments guys. At this point I plan to box things up, get the cost of shipping and provide Vic a total.

flatheadpete likes this.
  10. Try the Ford Barn, he may post there. Sounds familiar.