Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Does anyone here participate in road rally events?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasoline Junkie, Apr 11, 2021.

1. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds Cool! Details?

2. charlesf

charlesf

Action photos of the Valiant at the 1994 Press On Regardless rally: Valiant POR 1 (2).jpg Valiant POR 2 (2).jpg Valiant POR3 (2).jpg

3. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

poster child

Attached Files:

gnichols likes this.
  4. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I did speculate on the Photoshop thread, what if Carrera Panamericana had gone full Group B in 1954?
    1954-ford-crestline-CP-GroupB.jpg

5. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

I've always wondered that myself after finding out Duntov set out for Pikes Peak in a '56 Chevy. Who knows what could've happened if the same thinking that went behind building altered wheelbase drag cars was applied to a hill climb or rally setting.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ned Ludd likes this.
  6. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Does the “Press On Regardless Rally” still exist? I remember it as a event prior to moving from Michigan to the South in 1982. If I remember it correctly it took place on secondary roads and logging trails in the Upper Peninsula.

7. charlesf

charlesf

POR most assuredly does exist. In the late 60s and early 70s it was sponsored by Total Petroleum and started and finished here in Alma after looping into the UP. In 1974 it moved to the UP and was a WRC event that year. In the mid 90s it morphed back into a regularity, or tsd, event and has been run in various parts of the Northern lower peninsula since then. This year it returns to the UP and will be headquartered in St. Ignace. It will occur in early September.
    Andrew Layton has written a history of the POR entitled "Press on Regardless: The Story of America's longest, oldest, and meanest road rally". I assume it is available on Amazon, but it is certainly available from Revolution Press, P.O. Box 429, Alden, MI 49612.