Register now to get rid of these ads!

History does anyone have info on this Shoebox?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Tony Ray, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Saw it on that facesite, on a shoebox group, was told the guy took a picture of it at the LSRU show a few years ago. Really like the way it sits and would like to see if there is anymore pictures of it or info on the build. 21743592_10209267691521587_4470046913151121663_o.jpg

2. I don't know that you're going to get a lot of positive response on that one, maybe I'm wrong. Kinda mixed styles. I'm going to guess it's been clipped or has an S10 frame, it just has that smell. Don't do that to your nice survivor coupe, please.

3. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

im not looking to swap frames out, s-10 or clip, on my 51. will lower it with coild and springs to get it to sit close to that though. Im just really curious about the body, and it looks like its chopped. I hvent really seen to many chopped coupes that i like so was curious ho it was done and if there was more pics floating around.

4. Aerostar springs up front, lowering blocks out back. Suspension is not hard to rebuild and they handle pretty darn nice when done right (I'll get some arguments about that). If you want to lay frame it'll take some work. That's not really my thing, so someone else can chime in.

Have you found the shoebox social forum? The forum itself is dead, but there's a boatload of good info. Lots of build threads and info about lowering...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/social-forums/shoe-box-hambers.112/

5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

yup, been a member to the social since when i had my 50 choptop. i plan on doing the aerostar coils, disk brakes, and the rear im back and forth on if im just going to use blocks or go with a 4 link, but that ill come later.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  6. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Chopping a coupe is not as easy as a sedan IMO. The proportions of that one you posted remind me of my former shoebox. I like how the door posts look straight and not slanted like most chops you see. I still don't know who chopped my former shoebox, it was done years before I got it in '05 with a gas welder.

2361349-56b8a6b54d7c7.jpg

'Mo and Pipes like this.
  7. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

yeah, seems to be a hit or miss on coupes. Do you know how much was taken out of yours? Looks good. My 50 was a sedan and i think it was cut 3 inches, that was all gas welded as well.

8. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Not sure exactly how much was taken since I never measured the height of an unchopped coupe, I'm guessing somewhere between 3"-4" both front and back.

Pipes likes this.
  9. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Thanks!

10. allredskylar

allredskylar

I've seen this car around town it's metallic blue now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. manyolcars

manyolcars

Stay away from Scarebird brakes. They didnt fit my car until I took the grinder to them and I sure didnt want to do that

Pipes likes this.