Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods does anyone have any flathead lifters for sale?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drumyn29, Dec 4, 2022.

1. drumyn29

drumyn29

2. I was justit at at that swap meet .

that’s just shitty . Someone who knew what they where looking at for sure .

3. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My innate sense of decency tells me to not comment on this at all but, the devil on my shoulder is whispering in my ear to go ahead and do it. Sorry, you're a f*^kn idiot ;). I can feel your pain, though :(.

wood remover and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. I was at the show today and a good friend of mine was showing me some lifters somebody left on their table LOL . I just spoke to him and he has them at home . Looked awfully big and heavy for a ford flathead I thought ,him too . Anyway I can make some arrangements to get them back for you. He remembers you buying the trim rings too LOL

5. :rolleyes: Well . Ain’t the Hamb just the place to be . Friggin awesome

6. His wife was telling me the cardboard box they were in ,some cheese manufacturers is quite collectable as they haven't made that cheese in many years LOL...

oliver westlund and rusty valley like this.
  7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And, on top of everything else, you're so lucky you should buy a lottery ticket :D

southerncad and wood remover like this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

so are you the one that left the lifters there? are you Roger? I don't know what forum that is that you inserted a screenshot of... if not can you get word to him that they have been found?

wood remover and oliver westlund like this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Typical of my HAMB brothers. Proud of you again today.

wood remover likes this.
  10. I believe Roger lives east of Toronto. Oshawa rings a bell.

You should be able to contact him through FaceB.

If you are unable to contact Roger, I don't know him but I do know someone who does so I should be able to get you his contact info.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  11. Drumyn isn't Roger. Drumyn posted a screenshot of a FaceB post from a Roger Hornby who lives in Ontario Canada. There was an auto flea market today near the Toronto airport, I am guessing that is where the lifters got left behind. It is looking like Wood Remover is going to be able to connect the owner with the lost lifters ... that is pretty cool:)

12. williebill

williebill

Nice ending to this story, now we need to know about this cheese box. Is it traditional 'Merican or that fancy import stuff. Is it HAMB friendly?

alanp561 likes this.
  13. drumyn29

drumyn29

I friggin LOVE the H A M B !

wood remover and rod1 like this.
  14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unbelievable connections on here.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

alanp561 likes this.
  16. Roger Hornby sounds familiar but I'm up her in the North part of Ontario. Sounds like he'll get his own Christmas present.
    Oh, @williebill , "merican" cheese IS imported cheese if you live here.:D

alanp561 and williebill like this.
  17. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well that is a great Christmas story. The HAMB is truly a place of knowledge, ingenuity, learning and INTEGRITY!

WhyW8 and alanp561 like this.
  18. brading

brading

Looks like a good result after a senior moment durmyn29. Well done to all HAMB members involved.

19. Have been in touch with Roger ,he is 5 hrs from me .I will pick them up this week as the guy who has them is not local to me either ,but is someplace I go and enjoy the visits as well . Won't be quick getting them back ,but will get them back , likely by Canada post .

WhyW8, Budget36, Squablow and 5 others like this.
  20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Maybe since the Hamb is responsible for getting his parts back, you can talk him into joining up here

21. I certainly will suggest that he does ,The help and knowledge here on this site has been invaluable to me !!! Also have bought and sold parts on the hamb board with no disappointments .

22. scruff

scruff

I sold a flathead cam to probably the same guy at the swap meet,he showed me the lifters. They did look big and heavy, possibly fordson tractor

wood remover likes this.
  23. My buddy and I were looking at them and thought the same , too big and were they ever heavy

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  24. Managed to get the lifters picked up today and will be in the mail back to him tomorrow 20221207_200249.jpg

25. 5window

5window

Nice job! Great o have you helping out. Nice cheese box,too.
    I hope he can use those lifters after all of this.