Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does anyone else have a hard time selling old body panels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Early Ironman, Jun 2, 2017.

1. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I wish someone had old Pontiac metal and parts for sale.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Late to the party but what I have experienced is that someone has to want that part for one of us to be able to sell it. There is a guy somewhat local to me that seems to have odd ball hoods and decklids for sale on Craigslist for months on end. Usually a bit stiff on price though. The stuff I am looking for is usually sold before I get off work and can go get it.
    One thing I run into when looking for parts, a lot of time the part for sale isn't in as good a shape as the one I am looking to replace. I ran into that when looking for a decent box for my 48 years ago. I'd drive 50 miles to look at a bed that was for sale and it was worse than what I had an the guy would get pissed because I wouldn't pay his price and take it. I think I looked at about 20 beds before I bought a truck just to get the bed off it.

3. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I have some 64 Galaxie stuff buried in the classifieds somewhere, I think I may paint and letter the door like Ned Jarrett's. Never had a hit on any of the sheetmetal, but no way I will just scrap it either. It could be the archaelogical find of the century in 2317 :)

Early Ironman likes this.
  4. Dirk35

Dirk35

I think like others have said, it's a matter of matching up the seller to the buyer... then making the deal economically feasible for both parties.

I have a set of fiberglass 34 Ford rear fenders that I'm practically giving away but each time I get someone honestly interested, after I price actual shipping, they back out.

BTW, If any of you have a set of steel 34 Ford Passenger front fenders and are willing to deal with shipping, please PM me.

All of that doesn't even count the scammers trying to get free money. I've had 4 different scammers reply to my wanted ad for the 34 Fenders. Once I ask them to print our conversation and take a picture of it on the part, they get all offended. One guy took the 1st google image of fenders, copied and pasted that ad from 2015 and sent it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. ernieg51

ernieg51
    from Wilmington

6. mopacltd

mopacltd

Economy is too good to sell used parts as I see it.

7. Prices at swap meets can be out of hand.Ive seen guys with 3,or 4 1929 ford cowl/fuel tanks with the bottom rotted off,and they still want top dollar.Sell for a realistic price for condition,and it might sell.55 Chevy fenders at a swap meet are 200 bucks.On craigs list they can go for 50-100.Years back guys sold at lower prices to help another rodder finish a project,and get the part back in action.Now its the owners one shot at retiring.