Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anybody know any courses that's short and have with pinstraiping to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jliljeberg, Jan 10, 2007.

1. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

hey
    I have to study minimum 80Hours..
    I was thinking of mabye pinstraiping ?
    Do they have some course with that or is it just self-taught?
    do anyone know if they have it somewere in Pa..?
    thanks for thaking the time to read this..

2. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Dude, edit your title. It's givin' me a headache trying to decipher it. Good luck though ( I think:D ).

3. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Not just the title, but the post itself.

You may find more info through the pinhead lounge.

4. Elrod

Elrod

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Have you checked any of the art schools in your area? One of the classes might cover some striping durring the course. Is there a requirement for the school you go to?

I would guess shes here as an exchange student type of deal, maybe she doesnt speak english that well.

6. Da Injun

Da Injun

I second that.

7. Cut some slack guys. It appears this person is not originally from the united states from looking at her profile and is not very familiar with english.

8. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

jen is not from america originally...sweedish i believe
    i think thats why her english typing skills aren't the greatest
    Zach

9. Elrod

Elrod

My appologies. Good luck with the pinstriping courses!

10. monsterflake

monsterflake

i need a nanny...especially a hot nordic one that likes cars! ;)

11. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

ha ha already taken..

12. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

thanks..!

13. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

me too, my girlfriend actually will buy into that too if the bathroom gets cleaned.....

-Rob

14. monsterflake

monsterflake

okay, just keep me on the short list...

15. Da Injun

Da Injun

O.K. Now I feel bad. I hope you find what you are looking for. Good Luck.

16. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

when i first started i bought a 00 mack and used model enamel for my paint and practice, practice, practice. (finally was introduced to oneshot and HOK)

17. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

ok thanks..! but i have to go to school because it's part of the program with the "aupair in america" program.. that's why i'm looking for schools.. i already have un education as a florist..
    but i wanna have some edu. that's useful back home and with my car, since i have to go to school anyway..

if you hear something please let me know
    thanks

18. pontiacfarmer

pontiacfarmer
    from sweden

ok guys
    ive been writing live to jenny at our language...swedish lol
    she wants to find evening classes or schools in philly area
    or a good teacher in this special art
    she wants to get some basic pinstriping/custompaint "knowhow"
    any leads/schools are of interest
    hope my english was ok

regards stig from a cold wet sweden

19. A local community college may have auto body classes if learning to paint cars is what you're after. As for pinstriping, get a brush and start practicing.

Using a large piece of glass is a decent way to start and it can be scraped clean to be reused if needed. You can put pictures of designs under the glass and practice tracing them to help get the feel of how the brushflows paint, how to control the brush to achieve curvature of lines, and general practice. Then, practice, practice, practice.

Go to some car shows and seek out the stripers, ask questions and watch them work. A young blonde lady should be able to get some pinstriper to pay a little attention to her. ;)

20. Elrod

Elrod

I think she is saying that she needs to attend some kind of school while she is here to stay here.

So, rather than attending some boring class, she wants to take a pinstriping class.

So, we can suggest how she can teach herself all day long, but that doesn't give her ideas on cool educational courses to take to remain in the program that she's in.

Like other's said, you may be able to take an automotive paint course, but it is very unlikely that a school would teach something like this.

If you are wanting to take a class relating to your car, how about upholstry sewing? You could do a custom interior for your car back home with the education.

Photography courses would also be cool...

21. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I want to apologize for being the FIRST a-hole to make a smart ass grammer comment. Welcome to the world of HAMB.

22. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

thanks...
    i've only been here for 2 month..
    so i'm still fresh at always write in eng.
    but i try as i go.......:rolleyes:

23. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Try the airbrush getaway from airbrush action mag. They got great courses from 1 day intros to four day courses. You get to learn from the pros. Its not cheap but you will learn a shitload!

24. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

thanks..
    i'm in PA so it's not that easy for me to take off from my work and go to school.. because i work 6-8am and i'm off during the day and then i start again at 2.45-6pm
    besides that i can go to school ha ha
    alot of things to think of..

25. 2_wheel_nation

2_wheel_nation
    from hudson, MA

my girlfriend just finished up an airbrushing/pinstriping course here in MA at a voc school that does night time "adult learning" classes. check out the voc schools in your area.

26. Jalopy-Phil

Jalopy-Phil

I think you need to take a look at the local community and vocational schools. Here are a few links:
    http://www.ccp.edu/site/academic/
    http://www.dccc.edu/
    http://www.mc3.edu/

these are all close and offer Art and automotive courses. Maybe no pin striping; but you could take some Auto body painting and repair. It might not be as fun but you won't regret taking a welding classes.

Good Luck,
    Phil

27. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

my local community college just started ( a couple years ago) an automotive graphics class that includes (among other things) pinstriping. you might check into your local community college to see if they offer the same or a similar class. Gary Flote is the guy who teaches the class here. he is a long time local pinstriper and sign painter. we also have a weekend autobody class that is mostly hot rodders and taught by one of the most talented "old skool" body guys around. one of my heros, Paul Beck. we are pretty damned fortunate to have him and i keep hoping every year that he signs on for another semester and does'nt retire like he keeps talking about.

good luck in your search.

28. Not sure how far you are from Penn State campus in the Scranton area but my good friend Alfred Thomas heads up the collision repair course there and he has a course in custom painting.If you want to PM me,I'll give you a contact number for him.He is a bit hard to get hold of but can give you the information.
    Ray Smith

29. jliljeberg

jliljeberg

i think that's too far i'm in the 19067 area.. ?

30. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I give pinstripping classes at my place every Tuesday and Thursday nights from 8 til midnight with special studies available on Saturday nights. We are very particular about who we accept here at the Aman School for Scaninavian Pinstripping and judging from your profile I believe you'll fit right in.:D Can I sign you up for..lets say..next Tuesday. :eek: (Now just imagine her response but with the Nordiac accent) We don't care if you can speak English or not, hell, I've been learning for over 50 years now and I still can't speak it. Don't worry about room and board, it's all included with the package.:rolleyes: Chow for now!:cool: