Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does any one know if any companies make reproduction 1940-41 Ford truck doors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xhotrodder, Apr 21, 2016.

1. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I've had my eye on an old 40-41 Ford truck cab, that is setting in a guys pole barn near me. I've never seen doors for it, when he's had the doors open. The pole barn recently suffered damage and I think now may be the time to approach him to see if he want to sell it. The problem is how to find doors for the cab. I know a company used to make the 40-41 Ford fiberglass cab parts, but can't find that company any more. I know the fiberglass body industry has taken a huge hit over the past 20 years. I have looked for steel doors new and used, and have only found a rusted pair of used doors in the last few months. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried to look on the HAMB's used parts pages, but have never been able to figure out how to search for the parts I'm looking for, without just scrolling through all the pages, instead of just typing in the item I'm looking for. Thanks for your input.

2. Bader2

Bader2

Up to 47 fit,shouldn't be hard to find originals.

3. alchemy

alchemy

Saw a saveable pair at the last swap meet for $40. Thought about buying them even though I don't have one of those trucks.

4. adam401

adam401

I have at least one of them. I think passenger side But shipping would probably be alot. I'm sure if you look your be able to find original doors without too much problem

5. Squablow

Squablow

I sold a cab with doors on it last year for $50 The doors were rough, needing bottoms, but anything can be fixed. These should not be hard to find parts.

6. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

So 1940-47 work?

7. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Thanks for input so far. Guess it's time to go talk to gentleman.

8. Bader2

Bader2

Bit of difference with the glass,but yeah.