Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects does any one in new jersey have a stud gun i could borrow ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrong generation, Jan 19, 2012.

1. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

in need of a stud gun so that i can pull a few dent's out of the car :(

is there any one in new jersey (preferably ocean county) that has one that i could borrow ?

2. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i have a sten gun but it may make dents

4. You got a mig then you can tack your own studs on .... most people in my parts are alittle shy about lowning tools and I imagine NJ would be the same.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

While you might find someone willing to loan you one, generally the rules are you don't borrow a man's wife or tools. All of us have at one time or another loaned out something and most times they don't come back in the condition they left in. I especially would never borrow a tool a man uses to earn a living.

Don

6. Not what you want to hear but here in KC you can rent them from some of the rental places.

I remember when we used to use a slide hammer and a sheet metal screw.

7. terryr

terryr
    from earth

I have a slide hammer that I converted by tapping the end to the next size bigger, and buying a pack of machine screws. Tack the heads to the body panel then screw it onto the slide hammer. A bit tedious but it works.
    If you tack it just right it will hold for several pulls then pop off. Otherwise you need the cutoff wheel.

8. Yep I did the same things ... use 8/32 bolt .... got them coming out my ass from years of installing cabinets

9. 29moonshine

29moonshine

weld a 6 common nail to the dented area then pull it out with a claw hammer resting on a 1x4[ cheaper than buying studs and ther can be resused]

10. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

i thought about that and will probably just end up welding nail's and using my slide hammer. but having a stud welder would be better.

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats a great idea ! Better than messing around with the old slide hammer !

12. I have a vice grip on the end of my slide hammer, I use common nails , bits of wire coat hanger, strapping, etc with my Mig welder. Lo tech stud gun.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sure I'll loan my $200.00 stud gun to a total stranger. $2000.00 deposit required.

14. rustang

rustang

Cheap stud guns at HF every day... my neighbor and I bought one, split the difference....he used it, then I did....had to fix the cheapo slide hammer but for a HF tool the stud welder worked good... at least good enough to rip a hole in the doorskin of the california door on my Moosestang when I built it... :)
    Tom

15. Strangers aren't the only ones to be wary of. I loaned my torches (oxy/acet ... he had his own tanks) to a "good friend". He has since divorced, moved and has not returned my torches. That's not the worst of it, I heard a rumour (I know somone who knows someone still in contact with him) that he has sold them (and kept the money).

Nice friend huh.

As others have suggested, might be worth checking out a rental place.