Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodgy Lees first car show(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LEEBO, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Well
    I finally got off my arse and did it!!:cool:
    Albany had its first JALOPY SATURDAY.Were in a small town so i didn't expect anymore that 30 to 40 cars. I kept the show pre 1978 and motorcycles were invited to attend aswell. We had a live band and a few activities planned for the afternoon. Holy shit we got 90+ vehicles!!! everyone had a ball had behaved themselves even though there was alot of beer being drunk. The show cost me $2000 to put on (insurance etc) and we made $1500 bucks on top!!:D so roll on next year.

I should have some more shots later them I find my camera. We got abit carried away as the day went on, so there a few Harleys and cars that need new rear tyres:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

2. Hers a HAMB man!!

ripper
    good to see someone flew the flag!!!:)

Attached Files:

3. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing!

4. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

5. more :)As you can see i got abit carried away in the Valiant.

The Morris truck was in a field for 16 years and was dragged out 4 days before the show for a budget hotrod make over, after this little episode it only had 1 forward gear

Attached Files:

6. LabRat

LabRat

Well Done Leebo ! Can only get bigger from here on .

7. bbodybenny

bbodybenny

Great pics Leebo.
    Man i am so down that i couldnt get the new motor running right to get down to Albany for the show. To cap off a downer, i have hurt the cam during the run in. I didnt remove the inner springs, it sez to do so on the cam card and i completely forgot. Damn....
    Great shot of the Valiant, hope your going to replace those tyres.
    Who owns that old morris truck? is it the 302 from the burnout truck in there?
    Have you got a date for next year??? I'm there, and some of the gearheads at my work are keen too.[​IMG]

8. The Truck was built by Ron Knight and Dawesey with a little help from BamBam me and John (farm boy).

Prolly gonna hold the show a week earlier next year so I get 2 shows out of the insurance....

Claude delacey blew the tyres of his Harley and killed the 20s on his truck

Attached Files:

9. bbodybenny

bbodybenny

Count me in, for the "2008, gearhead scramble cross Oz"
    I will look at getting some shirts printed.
    Talked to the darling better half and she's good with me going. I have no less than 6 guys asking me if they can come! We'll see.
    I am definitely there though, and you can bet your ass it will be a Valiant! Damn good idea,Leebo. Just dont organise it around the 29th September. My brother is getting married in Brisbane.
    Still pissed i missed the show. Wont happen twice.
    On a good note, i have changed the cam, ran her in, changed the fuel and she is runnin good. Have to make new brackets for a new alternator, cos the one i got is stuffed and is only 37Amps and wont run all the stuff i have on her. headlights are 30 AMPS alone.
    Man, I aint been this exited since i lost my Cherry!