Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Voh

Voh

Awesome! thank you, never knew that. Do now.

2. Hey T, finally got a chance to work on your logo. Shocker wasn't really grabbing me, so I took some liberties with the name...

[​IMG]

3. Pink Pony :D Good times.

4. jt306

jt306

Man I can't wait to get beside this car at the track. Keep spending that $$$ an get it done!!

5. Fortunately the money spending is almost done :) - just need pushrods, paint and windows. And more time.:confused: How's your coming? Going to be at Gear Jam Test and Tune on April 24th and then head to Greer the 25th ? That's what we are planning - camp at the track at Commerce Friday night. Should be a large time.:D

6. jt306

jt306

It's coming along, I should be at the first race, as far a the gear jams goes it's not going to happen. I'll do Friday night, then on to Greer the next AM. This will be the last year for the Ol dirty bastard, I'm gonna sell it after this season. Got plans on build a new gasser, let's just say it will have an all aluminum injected 409 in a 62 impala.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  7. For the record, blame my wife for that one. I just did the photoshop... she held the gun to my head :D

allwilly and enloe like this.
  8. Right :rolleyes::D my wife knew what it was. I had to go on Wikipedia to find out.

9. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

IT IS A BUMMER ABOUT GEAR JAM AND GREER BEING SAME WEKEND

10. So many egos so few tracks :D

tylercrawford likes this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, I know where I'll be Sat. but I haven't really decided about Fri. And yes, Tudor is correct about egos.

12. Big thanks to 3dnsouth for the help on the front clip an rear fenders! :) We made a lot of progress on Saturday.

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

13. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Hi Tony nice work on the front end
    Could you show more detail of how you hinged the front end ?

14. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Did you already have a fuel pump? That little hilborn at the last ne georgia swap probably would be about right.

15. Looking good my little tony....

allwilly likes this.
  16. These were the hemi engine mounts that were re-purposed :)
    hinge.jpg

Tyler - after a long talk with Alky Digger, he sent me a pump and all the hoses. Too much fooling around with the vintage one. o_O

Tyresmoke likes this.
  17. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

Looking good. Mike at alky digger is a nice guy. I asked him a few questions about the surge tank and will have him do my injection soon.

18. Lookin pretty killer man! Did you get a profile shot with the nose down? Keep on it!

19. Ahhh - forgot to ask him what a surge tank is o_O

What do you want that for - My Little Tony wasn't funny enough for ya ? :(
    Need to take some of the leafs back out of the front .....

IMG_0943.JPG
    Check this out - Tim was radiusing the driver side fender and hit like 10 pounds of lead ! The passenger was too bad - we used the glass one the guy gave me with the car.

lead_fender.jpg

20. farmer12

farmer12

Love the stance! Looking great!

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Save to that lead melt down into weights if needed to offset a variance in scales from several different tracks. Not enough there with that I'm sure, but it's a start. Damn stuff is hard to get and very expensive now.
    Guys I know that shoot skeet say that it's no longer a cost savings to reload shells because of price increase on lead shot. Most are using up supplies on hand and then starting to buy factory loads.
    IOW: Don't shitcan the lead!

22. Cars looking great. That timing cover is pretty awesome never seen one like that. What kind of valley pan is that? does it have a filler cap in it?

23. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Tony when you started this deal I was not sure you would make our first race at Greer but I think you are going to prove me wrong. Man y'all are getting it done, wish I live closer so I could come by and give y'all a hand. All the South East Gassers are pulling for you to make it so keep digging.
    Just so y'all know we didn't put Greer on top of the gear jams on purpose. We was afraid any earlier would be to cold and we had enough of that at our fall race last year. Any later would have put us to close to the Steel in Motion date.

GAOldsman and Dog_Patch like this.
  24. Thanks man! The progress on your ride is impressive! Can't wait to see it in person.

The valley pan is from Obrien Truckers. It does have a fill hole but is really small and a pain in the ass to fill 20/50 oil through. I don't have a pic of what I did yet - but I cut down the fins and put the breathers in the valley cover. Just couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the Chrysler Marine covers for breathers :oops:

http://www.obrientruckers.com/ecom/product/242/2382/

strokedstang331 likes this.
  25. I would invite you down Quain, but you would just finish the car in 1 day and the party would be over :D

GAOldsman, enloe and Quain Stott like this.
  26. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah, there's a big difference between putting it three weeks away from Steel in Motion, or two weeks out. April is known to be a cold month in Georgia, so those three other weekends wouldn't have worked either.

No hard feelings though... I didn't care when you scheduled your make-up race last fall to land on the same date as the Gear Jam either.

Two years in a row you've scheduled your event on the same day as The Gear Jam... Most of the other promoters haven't had a problem working out our dates. Maybe next year you can put a little more spirit of cooperation into picking a date so that we aren't forcing people to choose what event they want to go watch and participate in.

-Brad

27. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Brad maybe you need to take a look at our race dates before you get something started and get another thread shut down like you did a while back. We have Rockingham April 11th that could not be changed and our racers don't like racing back to back weekends.. We did look at March but again it could be too cold. We scheduled our Greer rain out race the very next weekend after the rain out, again trying to dodge the cold weather and even then it was too cold. Another thing Steel in Motion is very important to our group, so yes I do make sure to stay as far from their date as possible. Out of respect for Tony and everyone that is enjoying this thread this will be my last post on this subject, you have my phone # as i have told you before you can call me anytime but you never have.

stealthcruiser and GAOldsman like this.
  28. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

No, you rescheduled your August 9, Knoxville race for September 27--the date of The Gear Jam. You announced it here and on your FB page two weeks out.
    Your Ware Shoals race was September 13, two weeks before.
    Like I said, no hard feelings. I'm kinda locked in to NHRA's schedule, and have to work around Chevy High, NMCA/NMRA races, the Southern Nationals, the NE Georgia Swap Meet dates, etc. I'll simply do the same thing I did this past October or November and send you an email with my event dates on it. If you want to work together to make sure we aren't sharing a date, that'd be great. If you want to schedule your event on the same weekend as mine for the 3rd year in a row, that's fine too. In the long run, it's not going to affect me or my event.

Anybody has any questions, or comments, hit me up on a PM, or call me at (706) 424-5035.

Tony, you're car looks killer! Looking forward to seeing it and the rest of your cars making passes. If for some reason you DON'T have it ready to run by the end of the month, PLEASE bring it up to display!! I dearly love in-process projects, and other people would definitely enjoy seeing it. I'm going to have both of mine there-- we'll park them next to eachother--the Widow Wagon, the Altered, and your Mope. That'd be a pretty cool line up.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled, BITCHIN Gasser build, already in progress!

-Brad