Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hope you didn't have an ice storm like I have a few years back it killed my big pine tree and all the other trees lost at least 30% of there branches. I was burning brush for a week.

2. I'm going to refrain from any more California weather comments, I do have a heart you know. Besides its too warm around here to think straight anyways.

OahuEli, 30dodgeboy and enloe like this.
  3. .., stupid bad voices, they just can't leave it be.

4. I have the same problem, my buds live in chicago I can't help but ask how the snow plowing is going

liking this build alot

5. This one wasn't real bad. Power went out a few times, had to spend 1/2 day cutting trees off the driveway. Wish it would just snow, ice sucks.

Keep it up Ric - earthquake season is right around the corner o_O

30dodgeboy likes this.
  6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

it is not too bad up here we had quite a bit of ice Monday and it is snowing today. As you know an inch of snow here paralyzes this place as we are not equipped for it.
    I will be heading back that way the 11th or 12th I would like to come over and check it out in person. Maybe you have some grunt work you need some help with.

You know I have a strong back and a weak mind:)

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow, :)

8. There has been a powe rline down across the only entrance into my in laws neighborhood for the last 2 days. It's still down. This is cutting off access to my child care. I've spoken with the police several times. I am getting a little tweaked

stealthcruiser and allwilly like this.
  9. Come on down Enloe! Always welcome!

So all the folks in that subdivision are stuck inside? Maybe throw a big steel pipe over it and then call 911 ;) bet they come right over and fix it.

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

HOW LONG TILL THE HEMI FIRES UP :)

11. Whats an EaRtHqUaKe?:confused:

Attached Files:

30dodgeboy likes this.
  12. Le Tits Now!

bengeltiger and Maverick Daddy like this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

That will also work for me :)

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  14. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

WORKED FOR SEAN CONNERY ANY WAY

15. Winter weight loss time ;) cut out 45 more pounds last night.

IMG_0698.JPG
    Tim cut the threads off the coil over shocks for me. Thanks man!
    IMG_7647.jpg
    Looks like 1965 to me. I was 1 year old so what do I know ?
    IMG_9375.jpg

Finished the rear end centering and welded the brackets and ends on. Waiting on the axles to get here.
    IMG_0704.JPG

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    GAOldsman and Kevs56 like this.
  16. Then there is a small issue with the seat position. o_O Not a big deal. Blacksmith Tom is traveling south this week so he says he can fix it no problemo. ;) Somehow the seat position ended up eating up a lot of leg room. At least where it is now is good for setting up the pedals and steering.

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

tylercrawford, Mac30 and Kevs56 like this.
  17. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Is that new NHRA chassis cert requirements? ;)

Dog_Patch likes this.
  18. It's going to catch on. Way more safe. The seat can't pop out that way. :rolleyes:

OahuEli and tylercrawford like this.
  19. allwilly

allwilly

B better if it went in front of his chest when seated....b like a roller coaster ride!

20. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, next time I see you, I'm gonna have a pen and paper with me to write down the name, business name,and address of this ace roll bar man, so I can always stay away from him.

21. Tony what are your plans for the interior? I know weight is key, but are you going to leave it bare?

22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Can you change the tilt on the seat it would put you more up on the wheel but not sure of your driving style.
    The other option would be to cut out the cross bar and make a new one that would have a bends to move it back.

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, Quain has a thread going on building a SEG '51 Studebaker, started the thread fairly recently, do a search. The cage in that car has the crossbar not on the vertical part of main hoop like yours, but moved back onto the diagonals further back. If I did that on a build though, I would add a horizontal bar between the vert. main hoop bar and the diag. bar right at the point cross bar joined the diag. Sorta form a triangle, and lots stronger with very little extra weight or trouble.

24. DOM can you post a link to that thread?

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

26. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

The cross bar was my though exactly

Make one like this
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424807819.117138.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

did you guys get snow today?

28. Yes it did snow today so I had to work in the garage until noon :D. I cut the offending bar out and was working on smoothing out the welds before Tom gets here to put in the new bar. The Chromoly is on the UPS truck. Should be able to make a bend like fast30coupe. Its all it needs. The room is there with the bar back.

After my cage guy said he was building a ship in a bottle :confused: I figured it best to let him go so he could finish. o_O The rest of the cage is damn nice. Bitchin even. Just taking too long.

Anyway got the flow numbers on my heads today. Not bad for a pocket port :) - oh yeah - my pockets - not the heads ;) Its not cheap to run a Hemi but the chicks dig it.

smithberg_392_flow.jpg
    nick_smithberg_port1.jpg

Not sure if you Facebook but there are more here on Nick Smithberg's page:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.794029570651187.1073741855.224572780930205&type=1

Kevs56, fast30coupe and saltflats like this.
  29. Now if Ric Panneton will stop fondling my chamber maid - I mean mold - and make a slug to pull something into these heads :rolleyes:
    WP_20150223_011.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015