Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spark, Oct 17, 2009.

1. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGayle%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-AU;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Just a bit of fun not meant to be too serious.;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I am not the owner; I just did the body work and paint to help out wags (the guy in the middle in the last photo).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Is that a Morris Minor hood out back masquerading as a turtle deck with Minor taillamps too?

Neat little car, great example of using what you have on hand, even forgives the tractor grille sin by its simplicity and Bantam-like paintjob.

3. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

looks like a lot of fun!

4. Tractor grille even looks a little Bantamish. Wonder where the Crow logo came from?

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Looks like you stuck a hood on the back of a cool lookin little hot rod.

6. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

This is one instance where a tractor grille actually looks good on a car.

I like it a lot, very cool.

7. thank you

yes Morris hood, the brass handle explains a bit about that (look close)
    [​IMG]

the crow was painted on with a brush

8. Thats bad ass man!

9. madpole

madpole

looks good. cool little hot rod

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

11. Hell of a nice little roadster.

12. Nice little car!

13. Appleseed

Appleseed

That's a neat little rod.

Bobby Green has no idea how famous he really is.

14. Nifty! Those look like tail lamps from an MG-TD or Austin A-40. I need some for my '48 Devon, did you find repops?

15. not repro every thing came from the parts pile.

16. Me Be Mr. B

Me Be Mr. B
    from Spokane,Wa

I think it is cool as Hell :D

17. LabRat

LabRat

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by X38 [​IMG]
    Tractor grille even looks a little Bantamish. Wonder where the Crow logo came from?
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> the crow was painted on with a brush

Um .... I think that X38 was being sarcastic , almost everybody knows that logo ...
    Hopefully the member that owns it will be flattered by your imitation ...

Looks kinda neat , maybe if he turned the lower half of the grill upside down ( so it is raked back instead of foward ) it would look less like a tractor grill ...

And the handle is the turn handle off a very old safe ( with a finger added )
    The name escapes me at the moment , also its quite rare if I remember correctly ...

18. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I really like it!! There's a lot going on there but you sure put it altogether in a slick way!! NICE!!!!!

19. You screwed up and put the steering wheel on the wrong side.;)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

20. freebird101

freebird101

21. George

George

Wrong side? it's on the right side!:)

22. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGayle%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-AU;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Yes I was being a little sarcastic also.

The grill is actually upside down in regard to how it was fitted on the tractor. We looked at both and this way it looked more aggressive.

Yes the handle is off a safe.

23. DCLXVI

DCLXVI

Cool little rod. Bet it's a blast to drive.

24. texdesoto

texdesoto

25. screwball

screwball

IS that a crow or a myna bird?

26. LabRat

LabRat

Sweet ...:)
    Richard M Lords Dreadnaught safe from 1880's ...

27. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

28. club, he may do the hill climb thing.

25 chassis shouldn't be too much problem.

29. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

30. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I think the crow looks great. It makes me think I should make up some stickers like the Clay Smith woodpecker. I had someone from the Netherlands email me to ask if it was ok if he painted the crow on a 30's pick-up / modified he was building. I told him "no prob". I think it's cool. I'm flattered, I'm sure Coop is too.