Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dodge Hemi valve covers interchange? and WIW?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustynewyorker, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Anyone know offhand what the interchange is on 50s Dodge hemi valve covers? I now have three of them - one stamped Red Ram in good shape, and a pair of plain ones with Super Red Ram decals in so-so shape (surface rust, one is pitted pretty good). I assumed they all fit each other, and these are all the same size, but someone told me there's a difference.

Any idea what's fair market on them? The stamped one I don't care so much, it's a great wall hanger, the other ones I don't really need, and I'm wondering if I got boned on what I paid for them.

2. George

George

The only difference is some have dimples for adj rocker arms. Have seen some on EBay but didn't pay attention to price.

3. Abomination

Abomination

scootermcad or panic can probably rattle 'em right off.

You know, you'd think there would be a chart online or something...

Hey - somebody post a list... it'll be a HAMB exclusive!

~Jason

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Like anything else,you put them on Ebay and fair market or above will be at the end of the auction.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. 73RR

73RR

I always thought that the fair market value of anything was simply what someone else was willing to pay...If you were happy with the price that you paid then that was the fair value.

6. Well, I checked eBay and if my pair is like a 3 or 4 out of 10, the set on there was one higher, and lets' just say I got a damn good deal. In fact since Molly Hatchet was nice enough to sign autographs after the show last night, I bought a shirt, so I may sell these to pay for that.

Good to know they all swap, I had a guy who wanted the single, but he had to measure it because he thought they were different, and I couldn't tell him for sure the Dodges are all the same size, as opposed to the DeSoto or Chrysler that are each entirely different motors. He seemed to think there were different sizes to the Dodges.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  7. Dodge Hemi covers fit Dodge Hemi's only...DeSoto Hemi covers fit DeSoto Hemi's only...Chrysler Hemi covers fit Chrysler Hemi's only...

8. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Dodge Hemi Valve Covers fit the 241, 270, 315 and the 325..The 315 and 325 had plain covers, the 241 Red Ram embossed covers and the 270 Super Red Ram had embossed and stenciled..They all interchange..The dimpled valve covers are for the adjustable rocker arms (the exhaust rockers)...
    Do you have one good 241 embossed Red Ram cover..
    Duane.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm... bought the right size for my garage wall. :D

10. I have a Question? Did Dodge Make
    241 Ram Embossed Valve Covers with Dimples for the Adjustable Rockers? As, I'm unable to Locate any & have not Found any Info on H.A.M.B. Thanks BigDTexasKid!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. There's a very specific and limited market for them.
    I like them but if I don't own a Dodge, you won't see my wallet open very wide.

12. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

13. just thinking the 315/325 covers are different....the heads are from the 241-270.....could be wrong.....

14. blazin6969

blazin6969
    from NePa

Yea I was wondering the same thing too 315/325 valve covers vs 241

15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Bolt pattern on the valve covers are the same. The covers themselves vary as described in an earlier post. The confusion may come from the fact that 241/270 are low deck blocks, 315/325 are raised deck for the longer stroke. That affects the manifolds that will fit, but not the heads/valve covers.

Ray

16. HotRod-1

HotRod-1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

345 Desoto above got it right.