Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dodge experts help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue-Collar-HotRods, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Blue-Collar-HotRods

Blue-Collar-HotRods

Just acquired a very rough 37 4 dr dodge, but has a decent front clip, hood fenders ect, and allready have a few early 40s dodge pickup cabs stashed back. My question is if there is any interchange with the 37,38,39 trucks? Pretty sure if not, I can do some cut and splice and build something. Just curious if anyone has anything to add, or any ideas?

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I know someone here on the hamb has a Ford pickup with a car clip on it. A guy defiantly has to be good at sheet metal to pull it off.

3. Dunno about any interchange, but sounds interesting. I had thoughts about making an RPU from a mid 30's Mopar 4 door.

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

i think the dodge cabs in that era go from 39 to 47. 37 car is not likely remotely close to a bolt on, you'll need some imagination.

31Dodger likes this.

5. scotts52

scotts52

36 and 37 are close on the truck. Not sure about 38 and on

6. Blue-Collar-HotRods

Blue-Collar-HotRods

Hmmm...maybe I need to find someone to do a little photoshop work for me....I think the 39 and newer cab would be aesthetically compatible, with the proper cutting and fitting of course

7. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

36 37 and 38 are the same cabs,a few very minor differences.39 is a new design,biggest change was the V windsheild,the older ones had a flat glass in the front,the car had a V shaped glass too.That might be the deciding factor for a swap like this,the 40 ford pickups had car sheet metal,it didnt look too bad;) If you have the time and ability to do it,I would go for it. Harvey

HunterYJ likes this.
  8. Blue-Collar-HotRods

Blue-Collar-HotRods

Well, my other thought if the pickup idea proved impractical, is just as involved. Had the idea of shortening the body and making it a 2 door coupe...I really need to find someone to do some photoshop I think!

9. Budget36

Budget36

Find the "Photoshop thread to end all...", you'll get some help there.

Blue-Collar-HotRods likes this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36