Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dode Martin's 90th Birthday & Open House?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneRustedDodge, Jul 22, 2015.

1. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Hi HAMBers,

I was at a local car club meeting yesterday as a guest and a fellow there mentioned that Dode was having an open house at his shop this weekend in concurrence with the celebration of his 90th birthday. I asked him about it and he kind of ignored me, so I figured I would ask here. I've never met Dode, but I know he's located in Fallbrook and would like to meet him. Anyone? :D

Thanks,
    Jon

2. JimSibley

JimSibley

Dode is a super cool guy. I met him a few years back. I was invited to his 90th and unfortunately I can't go.

3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Would you post the addy for Dodes' shop, please. & maybe ph# ? I'd like to write him for a few Q's I have.
    PM it if needed. I have asked before, from someone who claimed to know, but no answer.
    TIA.
    Marcus...

4. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I think that the key word there was "invited" . Nuff said .

JimSibley likes this.

5. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Thanks for your useless contribution to this thread.

Carl La Fong likes this.
  6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

He has these gatherings every year for the last MANY years.
    I've been to three of them. Pretty cool actually.
    Nice little car show, plus all of his stuff, and many other racers normally show up.

Mike

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you go, and it is permitted, take pics & post here

8. Yeah, open house means just that. No invite needed

9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Dode Martin is throwing a car party to celebrate his 90th birthday. The party will be on Sunday, July 26th, in Fallbrook. The party starts about 10AM and lasts until about 3PM.
    Food and drinks will be served. He's hoping all of his racer friends will show up for a great racer birthday party.

This was in the notification that I received . The words "open house" don't seem to appear anywhere , there is however the word "party" , which almost always requires an invitation . Hopefully we can close this thread and move on . It was BTW a really nice time with some good friends .