Register now to get rid of these ads!

documentation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harpboys4, Aug 9, 2009.

1. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Here is my question....I just purchased a non hamb friendly car but a collectors item non the less and it came with the original build sheet.The sheet is usually located under the gas tank so you can imagine the shape it is in.I am wondering if it would be OK to laminate the sheet since it is about to turn to dust.My thought is, it is not going to be of any use if it falls apart and if I laminate it you could at least see the numbers and prove that the car is what I say it is.This paper is extremly important because it proves that the car is not a clone but a real SS. Please let me know what you think especially if you have some auction and appraisel knowledge. Thanks.

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Take a photo? Maybe make a photo copy and put the original in a safe place? You can get a plastic sleeve to put it in that will protect it, but not be as harsh as laminating.

3. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

Thanks Brian that is a good idea.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you have the VIN tag information you can get all of the build information. There are web sites to search on. I just looked and can't find the note I had the website written on. Maybe someone here can direct you to it. GM used to have a service that would supply you with the build information for a small fee.

Frank