Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Doane Spencer roadster question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NJ Don, Feb 7, 2021.

1. NJ Don

NJ Don

While looking at everything I can find regarding the Doane Spencer roadster there's always mention of the folding armrest and how he placed the radio control knobs in the end of the arm. You can see them in this picture of the restored car, yet I don't see a radio, speakers, or antenna in any photo. Can anyone enlighten me? Mr. Eastwood, Mr. Ganahl, Mr. Pew, or Mr. Meyers?
    [​IMG]

2. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

Don, by the time the roadster came to me, there was no radio installed in the car. From our research, when Doane owned the car, he put the knobs in the armrest...and knowing Doane, it was functioning. So the answer is, there just aren't any of his friends around to definitively answer it. Neal East in Denver, knew Doane well and owned the car for decades...so he might have a clue. All the best, Bruce

jimmy six, Tman, alfin32 and 10 others like this.
  3. Wow !!! :) Bruce Meyer. ^^^^^

The founding chairman of the Peterson Automotive Museum, Doane Spencer roadster owner, and premier hot rod, "and then some" car collector answered you. :eek::cool:

Next quest >> Neal East to the phone !!

Sheez' .. I love this place !!

Blues4U, BrerHair, Hotrodmyk and 6 others like this.
  4. I wonder if Spencer used a radio head like this, incorporated into the armrest:

[​IMG]

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Seen Bruce on Jay Leno's Garage. Seems like a really nice bloke and a great custodian for such an important car.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using The H.A.M.B. mobile app