Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your kids like going to car shows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrsautografx, May 31, 2010.

1. fbama73

fbama73

My daughter loves them. She's hanging around in the shop some as I work on the Chevy, so I'm minding my P's and Q's regarding safety. Gotta set the good example! She hates to miss a show, too.

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

My dad hates car shows but i love em.

3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

hey man, no worries. Im 19 and care more about cars than gals.

We're a rare breed.:cool:

4. C-Jack

C-Jack
    from Stanton Ca

My daughter is 10 months old and loves it. She makes "car" noises, we have a little baby ratlle that looks like a steering wheel she loves to play with when we have her stroller out. She seems to like mid fifty cars over anything else though.

5. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Thanks for the great stories. Keep them coming. Cute kids too BTW.

6. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Griffen, my 2 year old son, will not leave the house without a hot rod shirt on. He loves car shows. I've never "pushed" it on him either. Whenever I'm sitting in front of the computer, he expects to sit on my lap and watch vintage drag racing footage.....otherwise he throws a massive fit. He'll sit and watch FED footage for hours. Scary.

7. My girls liked going when they were kids,,the traveling out of state car shows,,the nationals,,staying in motels,,the pools,,,but they are grown and no longer go to shows.

We take the grandchildren to local shows every now and then. HRP

8. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

My son loves it! As long as he has his ear muffs. Doesn't like the flatty with just straight pipes....he'll get over that!:D

Attached Files:

9. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

My sons liked any adventure including car shows...as long as they got to eat well or often. Only the oldest is into cars.
    Bill

10. whitedawg

whitedawg

I didnt get to spent alot of time with my daughter when she was younger due to military duty. But since I have retired she does a lot with me we go to NASCAR races and quite a few car shows. I think the real reason she goes to the car shows is to make sure I dont drag anything else home:D

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Had ruby at her first cruise at a week and a half old. Frances had to wait a couple months. Now, we hit a few cruises a month and at least two big shows a suumer.

12. pinman 39

pinman 39

Been draggin my son all over the country for shows all his life .Now the problem is he wants the car .

13. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Whoa, KIDS?!? Hey mister, I am only 16, cut me some slack. I ain't never seen her before in my life! :D

14. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

as long as there is kettle corn and cotton candy

15. I used to take my kids to car events. Hillclimbs, drag races, shows, balloon festivals, air shows...

For years and years our family car has been a Stude Hawk we drove everywhere filled with kiddie car seats.
    They had tee-shirts autographed by Garlits, met Ingersol, met Smokey, signed their names on cars that later broke speed records, and learned about history-makers that came out of ordinary small town garages from ordinary people.

Now that they are all grown up, we don't do that anymore.

Now they come by and take me.....

We have a vanload going to Indy Goodguy's in a few days.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  16. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

My 3 kids absolutely LOVE going to car shows!
    They get a kick out of seeing their Papa De Rosa in action when he goes with us.
    Frankie & I got my dad back into customizing in the 70's when he took us to the Oakland Roadster Show and we told him that we didn't believe he could get down like what we'd seen.....He had us in the car the next weekend up towards Santa Rosa to some old man's barn where he bought the Merc 4....and so it began

17. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

19. Dave50

Dave50

Yes my son goes to alot with me even gets up at 5am to g t some swap meets etc. He also got up at 3AM and went o pic up my coupe with me just me and the boy he is 12 drove straight through was gonna be back home by 10 pm but had alt go bad in truck didnt get home til 250 am he was up except the last 2hrs

20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My grandfather would take my dad,my brother and me to Autoramas 40 years ago in Buffalos Maston Armory.I am sure glad he did.Now my son 17 cant wait to go to shows with me.Detroit Autorama is his favorite so far but we have yet to go to Syracuse Nats .Start um young!!!

21. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

My son (15, will turn 16 in August) has went with me to the Back to the Fifties in St. Paul since pre-school days. It's become a family tradition, His mother is not at all interested, and his sisters (22 and 25) have gone to a few local shows, the oldest is more interested than the 22 year old, but has a 2 year old daughter that takes up a lot of her time. My grand daughter will get a chance to hang out with Grandpa and Uncle Adam at the BTTF in ayear or so, but I won't force the issue. If she likes cars, great, if not, great too! Adam and I usually go two days and try to take in a Twins game when we go. His interest in cars has increased since he's gotten closer to driving age, but as he puts it, "I like cars, but you Dad, LIKE CARS!"

Brian:)

22. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

I love going to carshows! We havnt gone to one further then 2 hours away.. but I still love then! (I am 14)

23. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Heh my almost Nerd-like interest in old cars has probably saved me a lot of girl trouble. I also think a lot of my old rides (which usual pull double duty as a daily) have contributed to my singleness :eek: I went on a date once with some gal and took her in my old clunky OT 30 something year old truck. I forgot about filling the tank and ran out of gas on the interstate. Nice ending to a very unromantic evening. Needless to say I never did get a second date, hehehehe.

When I was a little kid (like 8) I loved old 50s and 40s cars and I wanted to go to car shows. My old man though had no interest in old cars although he has sorta come around now. I remember when I was like 12 my grandpa wanting to give me a complete 38 5 window Ford coupe that he had bought in the 60s. My Dad didn't want a piece of rusted crap laying around so he said no way. I was bummed for a while and Gramps had to get rid of it because the city was getting on his tail.

24. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

my 12 year old son likes to go to shows, but he still can't comprehend the idea of space between him and a car... I have to keep eyes on him a lot
    maybe he'll be better at 13...

25. I have 11 year old twin daughters who are bugging me to go to more shows again. I did the show scene to death when I was younger and don't even like most of 'em anymore.
    Too much same old same old if you know what I mean.

26. My kids not only went with me and still go with me, they kept me encouraged about "next" projects. They flamed the lawnmower with masking tape and ACE spray cans.

reneemow.jpg