Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs do you recognize this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RaginPin3Appl3, Feb 16, 2017.

1. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Anyone know who built it and where it came from?

00K0K_fOWsJOBCBqX_1200x900.jpg 00o0o_6D1bvNRq4ZZ_1200x900.jpg 00R0R_c1KrTtf9jEa_1200x900.jpg 00u0u_1qQy1tNOCV6_1200x900.jpg

rjones35 likes this.
  2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

No, Det. Friday.....Never seen it before in my life. Maybe it grew up down the street or something. Honest....

3. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

I have a chance to buy the car. If it's an actual kustom from back in the day i think its worth saving.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. some peoples taste is not always in his mouth...I don't think its a well known car ,,,my2cents

3340 likes this.

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

It's definitely worth saving, go for it. Some clean up and finesse the front sheet metal and it will look great. Engine and trans in it?

6. alchemy

alchemy

I like it. What's the price? How's the floor (rusty)?

7. alchemy

alchemy

8. Here is the info from the ad;
    "This early sectioned custom was built by John Fletcher near Silex, MO. Looks to be mid-late 50's build. John's sister remembers John driving it very little, then parking it in the barn. This '50 Ford still has a flathead engine, the column shifter converter to a floor shifter. Push button electric door openers mounted in the quarter panels. Solid floor. Car believed to be in barn over 50 years...needs to be rescued! Asking $12K. Call Jerry at 314-302-0560. St. Charles, MO"

9. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

It looks like the Haywood Jablome fifty sedan

Muttley likes this.
  10. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

The guy is asking 4500. It's not gonna exactly what i like but if it's something that is a valuable asset to the community i'd consider it.

koolkemp likes this.
  11. alchemy

alchemy

What, are your assembling a museum? I don't think I'd ever buy something for the good of our "community". Buy it because YOU like it.

brad2v, 1927graham, slv63 and 2 others like this.
  12. koolkemp

koolkemp

If it's still pretty solid , I think 4500 is pretty reasonable for a survivor custom! You could clean it up, make it roadworthy and restore it as you drive it!

13. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Not particularily crazy about the mods myself and if your not I would take that $4500 buy a stocker and create my own custom.

3340 likes this.
  14. oldolds

oldolds

I think the price is about in the ball park at $4500. I couldn't imagine what it would cost to section a car today. Most of the other mods are tasteful. If it is near what you want then go for it. The ad gives you all the info you asked for.

brad2v likes this.
  15. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I have a 2 door "ORD" in the barn. Someone told me a guy named Henry owned it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Squablow

Squablow

$4500 ain't bad if it's solid. I like the sectioning job, the split bumpers, the custom tail lights and even the old paint.

The two door sedan roofline doesn't work well with the sectioning though. I think if I had it I'd either shorten the roof through the rear quarter windows to business coupe length, or I'd chop it.

I'd try not to undo anything that's been done already, but I'd justify the changes as if I was picking up where the last guy left off.

Could probably fill in the paint on the roof and in a few other spots and make it look cohesive, to keep the old custom paint job intact.

If you want an old custom car with some history, and that's your budget, it's really not bad. It looks solid, and since the sectioning cut lines haven't shadowed out through that 50 or 60 year old paint, you can bet that job was done very well.

koolkemp likes this.
  17. Squablow

Squablow

Quickie as a coupe

oldcustom1.jpg
    And one with a rough chop

oldcustom2.jpg
    Either way, I feel like the roof changes really make the rest of the car look good overall. I bet if it was chopped, or started as a coupe, it would have already found a new owner by now.

brad2v, Duellym, stanlow69 and 2 others like this.
  18. Buy it, go through it, don't change anything physical on it but get rid of that goofy color scheme.
    It could be sooo cool.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. ChaosActual

ChaosActual