Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you know Seafoam Green?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DetroitBilt50, Jan 22, 2007.

1. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

im getting closer and closer to painting my firewall, and im pretty set on seafoam green. but im really comfused on which color is actually it. here are some pics i stole from the HAMB while i searched fora answer, but came up with nothing. it seems like one is more mint, and the other is more turqoise? i like um both , but which is actually seafoam? thanks, brandon
    if anyone has under hood shots of this color i would reallly appreciate it!!

2. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

heres the colors i found. the dash color is what im looking at

Attached Files:

3. SilentMind415

SilentMind415
    from Stockton

the one on the right is closer to what I would consider sea foam green but i think it may be a little dark.

Google sea foam green a bunch of stuff comes up

4. DB50, I used a seafoam green from PPG paints. It was listed in the fleet colors chart. Nice color, close to the Hirohata Merc color...

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Maybe it's on my monitor, but the one on the right looks turquoise. Early VW bugs had a good seafoam green -- not as "minty" as the Detroit version, it was grayer and more subtle. Is this going on the car in your Avatar?

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

I believe the 54 is closer the orginal sea foam.

7. Seafoam Green was a fleet color used by GM starting around 1991 if I remember correctly.My Pinto Cruisin Van was painted that color.There is a pic of it on the Sedan Deliveries thread.

8. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

yes it is, just on the fire wall and motor, with accents in it.

9. Tin Can

Tin Can

my buick is a kustumflatz sea foam green. it is in my avitar

10. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

thanks for the input guys. i surpose i probloby just need to head to the paint store and look at some charts!

11. mikef1331

mikef1331

12. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

Brandon, you should totally paint the whole car turqouise (sp) with pink and green accents on it and street rod the SHIT out of it! Billet everywhere! ha ha....you KNOW i'm kidding. I think the pic on the left is closer to seafoam green. Next time you're here, I'll pull some color samples for you. This iMac monitor is a lot more color accurate so you'll get a true feel for the color.

I just saw the post with the Fender colors. That surf green would be PERFECT. In my opinion, and its just an opinion, the Fender Seafoam Green is a bit bright. I think it would get overpowering once you had everything painted like you want it. Hit the firewall, then the block, then some finned valve covers and hit them with some paint and it would look awesome. Then that 3x2 setup you were talking about, some chrome accents. Some lines layed down on the firewall and call it a day. Bad ass!

13. purple

purple

Look for the sea foam green from 53-56 Ford trucks. A lot were and are that color. It is a light green with a VERY slight greyness to it. To me it looks best two toned with white.

14. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

1953 buick also used the color try to find a paint chart for the year.

15. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

I had a '68 Falcon with factory color "Seafoam Green" and it's a dead ringer for the Chevy in your post.

16. Danimal

Danimal

The one on the left is the Sea Foam Green I'm familiar with. That's the color of my 54. Well, some of it anyway.

17. my 53 f250 is seafoam green

18. KS Fats

KS Fats

Db %0, the Hirohata merc used a seafoam green from a an early 50's cadillac; I'm sure other g.m. brands used it too

19. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

My wife bought me a cherry 29 A Tudor for a wedding gift. I was going to build it as a family car, and we went to a car show and she saw a Mopar, I believe it was a 56 or 57 Plymouth station wagon. The owner said that it was Seafoam green.

How to describe it?...Minty?...I don't know...but anyways, it was a nice pleasing conservative yet bright green color. The idea was to paint the entire car with this color, fenders included.

I went to Finishmaster in Grand Rapids on 28th street, and paid them an additional $25 to put this color into the computer so it could be reformulated. They mixed it up for me in Centari. I bought a gallon of it, and never got around to using it, as other things got in the way. My wife thought it was stupid for me to buy paint so early in the game, but she never restored a car, and didn't know that a lot of the work is painting the small parts right up front, like splash aprons and dash panels, etc.

PM me if this information helps you. Perhaps I can get the information for you to have this paint duplicated in a paint system you feel comfortable using. All I've ever used, paint wise, is Centari enamel with the catalyst added. I'm still pretty low teck in the paint department.

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

My Buick is Sea Foam and White...

Attached Files:

21. Reds 29

Reds 29

I owned a '91 Chevy S-10 pick-up and it was OEM Seafoam Green. How it compares to your color is hard to say. Go to the paint store and look it up, it might be pretty close.
    Red

22. alvisoroadsters

alvisoroadsters
    from Cupertino

Heres a website that might help ya out a little www.tcpglobal.com & then go into auto color library. it will let you pick a manufacture & year.then it brings up the original color chart.the 40's mopars had a couple seafoam greens along with gm products

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The funny thing about all this is I'm pretty much betting I'm the only one with a calibrated monitor. So you may be looking at the same picture and seeing a different color.

24. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

thats a funny suggestion, thats exactly what im doing, i got my tri power polished up, and the cal custom covers are onthe way from egay.

25. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

Purple nailed it. The real deal is a mid '50s ford color. I know the local dupont store has color chips back to the later '40s so maybe yours is the same.

26. 5w32

5w32

i have a 32 roadster in seafoam green , try looking at 57 thunderbird and 53-54 studebaker for reference. send your email and i'll send a photo of my roadster
    s.w@shaw.ca

27. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

centari is all ive used also , but mostly cause of the decent cost. plus it lays so slick. i may be getting in touch with you 31, theres a finishmaster a block from my work. im sure they have links to your color. thanks

28. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

The K body stude called it lime green, at least that's what I've been able to find out. In '53 you could get the commander in a two tone forest over lime.

Ya know another color to look at came on the '58 buick roadmaster. I don't recall if they called it seafoam (maybe Z man knows) but it was a real seafoam looking color.

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Depending on your idea of Seafoam the Buick's in '57 were either Belmont Green or Mint Green (mine is the Mint Green)... in '58 it was Spray Green...

visit Auto Color Library if you want to see more.

Attached Files:

30. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

Spray green. I knew you'd know.

That's the original color of my Roadmaster when I was in highschool. I liked it real well although i don't recall anyone else thinking it was a cool color at the time.;)