Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do people rev their engines when they drive by your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid

HA HA when I lived with my parents in San Francisco our house was on the corner, and almost all my friends with hot rods didn't have a horn, so naturally revving the engine would let me know that they were outside. The other funny thing is none of my hot rods have a horn today, so I rev the engine to make my presence known as well :)

2. burnout2614

burnout2614

Several times a day and 2 guys hit their rev limiters. peace

3. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Buddy has a 9 sec 74 Gremlin with a 401 built to the hilt 840 HP. This kid in a known low 12 sec Camaro always would give him the pipes when he drove by with a" Mean mugging" grin too..that was until the kid went to the track one day and say my buddy crack a 9.32 all motor he politely drove by and waved afterwards lol

4. deerchooper

deerchooper

lol

i used to talk to a cop about motors in my younger days, he owned a proformance engine shop.

i asked him if he want to race one day. he said sure but if i won he would give me a ticket.

every time i used to get a motor back from him he would start driving by watching us ( in his cop car) build, paint and install it all night long. he would never stop over, but at 5mph drive by he didnt need to. as we got closer to finishing up, we started to time him on his drive by's because he was that constant. waited 5 minutes after he went by and did some quarter mile runs up and down the road and parked it. sat back and drank a beer or 2 as he drove by again and did it all over.

he knew it was running by the new tire marks on the road.

5. Rod Zombie

Rod Zombie
    from Florida

I rev up my motor every time I pass your place........doesn't everyone?

Attached Files:

6. I used to pick up a buddy of mine most mornings during my senior year in high school in my 69 Camaro. There was a 3 way stop about a 1/2 block from his house where I would turn left. It was kind of banked and just perfect for dumping the clutch and lighting em up. I had a set of Casler headers and header mufflers with no tail pipes. My friend would always be heading out the front door by the time I got to his house.

7. sport fury

sport fury

it is a good sign of spring to start hearing far more cars rev their engines as the pass my house. the good old hot rodders hello

8. Old thread but No. HRP

9. Not usually in front of my place cause it's out of the way for almost everybody, but I do it to my brother and a couple friends. One buddy has a concrete pad in front of his place where he tore down a small garage so that has become known as the "launch pad".

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I heard this old thread and came to see what was going on. Nothing.

11. sport fury

sport fury

did you and hotrodprimer just check out this thread to rack up more post counts?

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I think every redneck with a big truck speeds by my new house every day.....I don't mind.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Post count? I don't even look at my post count. What I do look at, are some of the stupid questions that get asked on this forum. Like, "What color should I paint my car?" "Will these tires be okay?" "Is this interior color okay?" "Should I chop my car?" What's this worth?" "What's the firing order for a SBC?" "Are S-10 frames traditional?" "Which is better, Holley or Edelbrock?" "Does ghost shit float?" and on and on and on.

Would I wish those threads to be gone? No way. A little laughter never hurt anyone. So, I see a thread with a ridicules title, like this one, and I think, "Ah. Here's someone who had absolutely NOTHING to do today. Let's see what his sense of humor is like." I mean, because this HAS to be a joke, right?

14. Master of None

Master of None

Ok.... now I got to ask....so does ghost shit float...?

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Depends on what he eats.

16. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Since we're obviously having fun at the thread writers expense, I've often thought that there should be a sticky for the website that has Chevy block and head casting numbers. The one from a Z-28 site ALWAYS gets posted, when that question is asked. But then I had an idea. Why not just have a sticky link to GOOGLE. That's where the original thread author should have gone, instead of wasting time writing a thread on the HAMB. But hell, where would the fun be, if everyone just used Google to answer a question? I mean, why have a 1,000,000 answers to your question, when you can have just a few?

17. sport fury

sport fury

if you do not like a thread then do not post on it. do not ruin it for those who like the thread. it is simple as that.

18. Lighten up, Francis.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I didn't say I don't like it or them. I just found it amusing.

20. ChanceDean

ChanceDean

That's exactly what I was thinking! My exhaust is louder than my horn anyways!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. stimpy

stimpy

I live at the end of a long dead end street which is posted and the speed limit is 25 , its ussually the opposite , not a rev of a car engine but the squeal of the tires trying to stop when they see the Pipe fence just after my house ( made out of 12" well casings ) and we have had a few bouncers , the record is 30' from a jacked up ford pickem up pushed the block and trans out the bottom when it hit . ( the cops estimate he was doing 30-45 mph ) the kid was hurt , but his belt saved his butt .

22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Yes, back when I was in my high school days. I lived on a corner house of a busy street and the property was elevated above the street not far from the school. Everybody with an exhaust leak, glass pack, 2 chamber flowmaster, etc. had to rev up their bone stock SBCs and SBFs when they drove by. All I could hear was exhaust and flex fan noise. Now, I just get the WOT flybys from anything sporting tasteless, oversized, flash chromed wheels, guess they think I'm impressed.

23. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

My driveway looks like a drag strip,dad has drove trucks for 35 years,and im a vintage bike rider. So i get it all hot rods, jaking trucks and every bike that goes by. but hay least i know they think of me when they go by. I dont mine though. I revved every thing i ever drove when i was a kid. My wife was just reading over my shoulder she said i was the oldest kid she knew. o well i have fun! :D

24. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

Dont get many revs from people driving past the house but we get plenty of them from the muscle head drivers while were out cruisin around. Wife and I just look at each other and laugh.

25. People in my town usually give me dirty looks when I'm working on my truck and tear down the street. It's usually amusing but not when there are kids playing near the street.

26. patterpillar

patterpillar
    from Montana

When the horn don't work, rack the pipes.

27. Why do guys like you obsess about post counts?:confused:

Correct me if I am wrong but the Hamb is a open forum and anyone can reply to any post,Fred & I are as entitled to post whether the reply is a joke or dead serious.

So I point out a thread is a few years old and say no, no one revs their engine in front of my house,,and In your mind you perceive some sort of attack on you personally.

Never said I didn't like the thread that you started and brought back to life,never said I did like it,I answered your question.

I made a observation, tell me exactly how I am ruining it,lighten up dude. HRP

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  28. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

All the time !! Especially if I'm out mowing the lawn with a car or motorcycle shirt on. I have a couple neighbors that rev their engines every day on their way home from work. One guy on his Harley and the other in his truck........

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Do you have daughters? Gary

30. ...had a good friend who passed on a few years ago; he lived just west of my place about a quarter mile; he had a nice 51 Chevy with a six and split manifold.,,,,of coarse on his way by my house he was always "on the pipes" all the way by my place,...I know he did it for both our benefits!