Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do people rev their engines when they drive by your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 31, 2011.

1. When I lived in town, the across the street neighbor had a bad a** '68 Camaro, there was revving all the time, and burn outs constantly in front of my house. Our newborn baby was always awakened, and crying by this noise, during her naps! My wife was never happy with John, our neighbor. Now, I live in the peaceful country, a half mile from a major Highway intersection, on a blacktop road. NOW the semi-truck jakebrake (exhaust brake) noise drives me CRAZY ! BBBBBRRRAAAPPPPPPP, BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPP, BBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ( lowest gear). Damn another lowest gear - BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

2. I get it all the time, she's always saying "there callin ya out" I respond with "damn kids" although some of those kids are pushing 70..lol
    I took the t-bucket to the local grudge night cruise at the local 1/8 mi. track and beat up on a few tuners. The next night some fart box layed a strip of rubber out front, "damn kids"

3. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That is really funny I never thought about people doing that before but of coursre people do.

Just another reason to keep the car cover on when at all possible.

Sometimes a ricer will do some dumb **** and cut me off. One jerky did that and stopped in an interesection with the ass end of his car sticking in my lane. Guess he didn't think about me having drum brakes. Luckily I dodged him. His lucky day.

4. Since there has been cool cars, parked out in front of my house, for many decades now.. We get soo many fuckin' squirrels drivin by here, I dont even look anymore. People finish their project, they drive by here. Especially being so close to the college. When I hear a V8 now- a - days, 99% of the time it's a truck. V8 cars just aren't that prevalent, anymore.

5. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

The younger guys pass-by and rev their engines,one of my neighbors said he can,t stand the noise.I am in my sixties and been hot roding since I was 16,I would be a hypocrite if I agreeded with him I still do block long burnouts on my block,and my bikes will set alarms and break windows and that what I will do till I die.

6. Rice Rockets.

I hate em too.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Why I outta...

7. Dave B.

Dave B.

Drop by my house in the summertime. I live up at the end of a little 'holler' out in the country. Almost every one of my neighbors is either a car guy or a bike guy. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't hear at least one set of loud pipes every hour!

My one neighbor has a BBC tube-frame Vega drag car. Sometimes when he's tunin' it, he'll drive it out to the main road to see how it runs. Now THAT will rattle your windows!

8. It's those fuckin four cylinder compacts, I can't stand. They are the modern day platform tho'! AAaarrGGHH!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pipes being racked are better than se^^i trucks hitting the ru^^ble strip when I a^^ trying to sleep. I used to be able to tell when one of ^^y buddys went by the house when I was a kid by the pipes. Now it is the ^^ilker at the dairy by the foothills with his boo^^in sterio at 23:00

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I get alot of Harleys reving while passing. It drives me nuts. Who wants to hear some ass clown Outlaw Doctor rap out his poopy stock bagger. I am a car guy not a Leather Daddy.

11. squirrel

squirrel

if anyone is driving by my house, they're on my property (and lost)....I live at the end of the road.

But I do it to my friends

12. sport fury

sport fury

i started this tread because i have noticed this activity at all 6 garages i had rented since high school to the time i owned my house and had my own garage. even after i stopped renting a garage people were still passing by and reving up. i still get a kick out of it.

13. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

around here if its not a little fart box buzzin around its a full size or g body jacked up on 47inch rims with a shitty sounding dual set up, and almost always with a leak. and we have more than our share of yuppies with drag piped harleys, bunch of nipple heads!

14. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

the road in front of the house looks like a drag trip so yeah sticky black rubber patch all summer

15. Deuces

Deuces

You know what a long fart sounds like?? Right??? :eek: :mad:

16. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got two people with ahooga horns.

17. tooslow54

tooslow54

Mark, I'm thinking I might have witnessed one of those passes..but if memory is correct you were shifting gears:eek:

My area is pretty infested..if they aren't revving them up they are parking them in front and coming in to hang out for a minute or two.

18. KustomFan

KustomFan
    from California

Buddies used to do it all the time when I was is in highschool

19. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, and it drives my Basset Hound crazy.

20. Deuces

Deuces

I own one of those Flowdaddy Mustangs but with a BIGGER cam in a BIG Windsor.. The Flowmasters I have are the 3 chamber deals but still rattle the windows on both sides of my driveway.. :D:rolleyes:

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

had one fella show up in front of the house at about 10 o clock after i was out tearing up the town in my coupe. 72 chevelle, sbc, flowmasters, blah blah blah. Sat revvin the motor up for like 10 min i guess to get me to race him.

Little did he know i was already half way into that motor trying to figure out what broke.

Car got wrapped up in a tree with the kid in it last i heard.

22. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

we had a young kid a couple doors down,thought he was pretty cool,
    6 cyl econobox with a big exhaust and a heat the springs lowering job.use to come by fat arming it and revving,attempting to do burnouts etc.
    i finished installing the blower and injector on my front engined digger (on alky),well couldn't wait to get to the track,pushed out on to the street,a squirt of gas,dry hop and a short launch.
    well the kid was on his best behaviour after that,unfortunetly the neighbours thought a plane was crashing and called it in.
    never did that again,
    thommo.

23. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

I live across the street from the HS parking lot!!!!

24. 440shawn

440shawn

Yes, all the time. I enjoy it.

25. 63bigbird

63bigbird

My buddy does when he is driving his 58 wagon by the house, because his horn doesn't work. I always know its him.

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yep. It is the purest form of the chest pounding.
    Scientists believe it is the most primitive form of communication. It's a man's way of telling you he approves of your projects and your territory.

See the attached thumbnail.

Attached Files:

27. funk 49

funk 49

I get it quite a bit. From the older guys i ride with on their bikes,to the air horns and jake brakes on semis of folks i work with,to the sons of said folks doing the 11:00pm burnout. Only one neighbor has complained,but he got over it.

28. 76cam

76cam

Yea all the time.Got high school kids living at the end of my road and every time the go but i hear it.I got my race cars and other project sitting out.Just this weekend a kid in a 93 dodge 12 valve stoped and did a burnout in front of the house I laughed at it.Like i was scared of his 3/4 ton lol....

29. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

like a few people said, if your revin' your engine by my house your in my driveway... in the sticks..

but the shop in town is different, cars roll by all the time in the summer.. big diesels, hot rods, ricers, etc..

do the same to let my friends know i'm outside.. either rev up the duals attached to the BBO, or crank up the 3 15's in the trunk....... yeah i'm one of those kids with obnoxious bumpity bump...

30. when im in the garage working on the car some truck,honda or this guy down the street with a 51 chevy always seems to pass by and rev.I just take it as a sign of approval.