Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do old cars/trucks have souls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Oct 22, 2012.

1. 31 Vicky. This was supposed to be a fun thread, not a philosophical discussion.

Do you need a hug, brother? :)

2. I am having fun !
    Did anybody catch my thread " does your car have Feng Shui" ?
    Now that was a fun thread while it lasted. Great concept with logical explanation of why cars do some of things they do.

Some folks thought it was fun, somebody nominated it gayest thread of all time and thought it was off topic and reported it.

On another note, some civilizations thought volcanoes were alive or having a soul that needed to be appeased and keept happy, they would throw the villages finest virgin down the hole. The entire community went along with this idea. So its easy to see how a community can fall into a group think situation and claim cars have souls as well as volcanoes.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. I can remember any number of cars in high school that had the village's first virgin thrown in the back seat!!!

4. yeah, to make the car happy right? To apease the cars soul ?

No, to make some dick head happy

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey
    from Moline IL

Soul - maybe not so much. Personality and attitude - definitely.

But then again, who is it that answers when I go "Huh?" and I'm the only person in the garage?

6. Jumping Jack Flash

Jumping Jack Flash

Yep. Agree with Sir Woosh. Not most cars have any such magic to even be considered as anything but a machine. Some appear to be living , breathing beings. Built to be a part of you, much as an old lever action Winchester is a natural extension of it's holder.If you believe......

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Richard Cranium.....has soul .

8. kennkat

kennkat

Well yes, Ole Blue is....

9. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

I like to think so...

10. BISHOP

BISHOP

I know some people that dont.

11. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Possibly, I'm my hot rod's personal savior.....

12. :rolleyes:
    Now thats the damn truth!

13. Diavolo

Diavolo

All of my cars have soul, mine. I put a little more in there every time I work on them and they get a little better. Most also have some of my blood, skin off my knuckles, a lot of sweat...

14. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Nope, and carrots don't scream when you cut them either.

Scotty

15. my old 55 just HATED my girlfriend/wife.....shocked the hell outa me when I first started dating her...Car was a good judge of women tho, cause shes now my EX wife..............but I still got the car, and we still love each other

16. Theres a 6 min long version of the same story on you tube. Much more graffic and deranged.
    Brain tumors maybe ? Or a joke even though its a TLC show aired nationally.

17. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

My Dad died a few years ago and he had this 60s Chevy cabover that he hauled fruit on, we have orchards, he just loved that truck, I never licked it, I was cleaning up around the shop and that truck was in the way, so I was going to put it up on our "hill of fame" our bone yard, so I backed it out on the county road to drive it up there, and as soon as I put it into 1st gear and took off the gas pedal went to the floor, just like someone put their foot on mine and floored it. I think the oldman was pissed his truck was going to the bone yard!! I just left it in 1st gear and drove it up there floored, like I said I never liked that truck!!! Chris

18. I wont get into the mythological,religious or psychological meanings of what a soul is,,but the term can also be closely associated with character and temperament,,like when the car or truck wont crank and you curse it or sweet talk it.

It's all open to interpretation.

Does my car have a Soul? literately no,but figuratively I have to say yeah.HRP

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Bought the recent CKD mag and there's a article on the subject "Do cars have souls"