Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do old cars/trucks have souls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Oct 22, 2012.

1. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

All the vehicles and machinery I have had apart, no matter how nicely it was made, was just machinery. But if you think a cars/trucks have souls, then to you they do.

2. Model T1

Model T1

WHAT ? There's no Santa ? Next someone will tell me there's no Easter Bunny. When will it stop?:confused:

3. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

you betcha. They have something, and while it not be soul it is something that new cars will never have.

4. Thumper

Thumper

yeah....they have souls.........every time I see one sitting wasting away it talks to me.....I can feel it's pain....I see what it could be....I understand what it wants......It tells me it's story.........

But then...........I'm kinda out there...:cool:

5. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

if only they could talk...

6. scrubba

scrubba

I gotta say old trucks indeed bond with their owners . I've had a 53 Ford panel now for thirty five years . Trust me , they have souls. scrubba

7. olds vroom

olds vroom

Thumper I hear their thoughts stories and visions too! I guess your not alone out there. That being said talk to my car while im working on it and I plan to take over the soul of my car when I pass.

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Yes they do.... some better then others!

Attached Files:

9. Pharouh

Pharouh

I don't know whether they have souls or not,but old cars do have personalities.

It's like old musical instruments like guitars and violins. If they get played a lot over the years they pick up a 'vibe'. It's hard to explain,but tit's there.

10. c_dime81

c_dime81
    from tupelo

Man I can tell you now, it may not be healthy but i talk the old iron in my garage more than I do my fiancée. And without a shadow of a doubt, there is something strangely organic about my 53.......

11. I agree.......I've owned a 32 Chevy for 40 years and It's almost like part of the family.If I ever thought about selling it I'd be thrown out of the house.Everyone has become so attached to it that its just like a pet. When I meet someone that I havn't seen in a while they invariably ask me how the 32 is doing. Must mean something.

12. 5-90

5-90

All cars have souls - some are just more pronounced than others.

Why do you think we give them all names?

13. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Sure they have souls. I went to visit my cousin in Colorado on my o/t 70 Maverick Grabber. The night I arrived at his house he forgot to set his alarm clock. The next morning at the time he was supposed to get up and go to work the Maverick sat out in his driveway and honked until he got up, we thought that was pretty weird. That same car used to honk at pretty girls walking down the street but it only did it when my girlfriend was with. I think the car was trying to tell me something. That girlfriend became my wife and then my ex-wife so I think the car must have had better taste in women than me. :)

14. deto

deto

They do... I have been trying to sell mine and I have had 2 buyers back out at the last minute this last week. So what do I do? Order $200 dollars of new rubber for the car and continue to improve it. They have to have souls, they steal ours...

15. Ever see castaway , Wilson had a soul

16. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

OF COURSE NOT!

Anything they have, we project onto them. Period. All the rest is hocus pocus. C'mon fella's.

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Now this is good!

18. my wife and I went to look at a 69 chevy the SS I have always wanted and never got, we went to portland and looked at this clean blue on blue SS, took it for a drive and wow I was hooked hard. so we start back to St Helens and the wife says you wont own that car, oh I said I put a deposit on it and pick it up at 4 tomorrow. she said the car was ready to cash it in I laffed B>S> the next morning the guy called and said he was sorry but he had been T boned, I asked if he just didnt get better money. He was not lieing it took such a hard hit it knocked Passanger seat out the drivers wndow. the car was a real mess he scrapped her. no shit true story!

19. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Is your wife psychic?

20. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

You say you have a herd. How many of them have names (Ole Blue). It is a rare and wonderful thing when you actually connect to that spirit. Ole Blue was just reminding you what a bright spot he is in your life.

21. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

In some sort of way I think these old cars and trucks have a personality and feelings. I dunno just a thought.

22. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Either she's trying to tell you that she has one brake light out and the brake pedal return spring is busted or weak, or she's reminding you to fix a short circuit.

23. There's no Santa Claus????

24. BabbitBeater

BabbitBeater
    from Colorado

They gotta have souls. If their aren't ol' cars in heaven, then I'm gonna get a middle management position in hell.

25. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

Old tin does have a soul. I can feel it when I sit in my 39. The history of the car on the assembly line...all the different hands that touched the car as she rolled towards the street for the first time. Then through different owners, sunshiny days, nasty weather, rain, cold, heat, road grim, abuse..
    ..but she was always there when some lucky person needed her. My '39 went through WWII, the A bomb, Pearl Harbor....D-Day. The history that she has been through is amazing. Preserving that tin is like preserving a part of American History. If that old tin could talk....but maybe its best left unsaid..

A soul you ask....absolutely

26. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Ha. That made me smile

27. Ha , I got one of those out in the garage, I took a totally restored truck and made a hot rod out of it. It's fought me on every step, next year will be 20 yrs since I tore it apart. I hate to turn my back on that damn thing, some weird stuff has gone on over the years for sure.

28. no just gets vibs now and then thats why I never cheated LOL

29. Deuces

Deuces

That was a good movie...