Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do dropped spindles work with 15" wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swedesled66, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Had a search for other threads but couldn't find anything to fit the bill.

I have a 53 GMC truck that has a Nova rear steer clip in it (fairly sure it is Nova and not Camaro), but I want to drop it in the weeds and need some advise on drop spindles.

All the write ups for drop spindles I read about talk about being able to upgrade to 13" disc brakes, but I want to run 15" wheels. I am thinking of keeping the standard finned drums for the looks (I don't really race it) but I have heard that drop spindles can cause clearance issues with steering arms.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. lead54chrysler

lead54chrysler

What year nova front clip are you useing

3. I think the clip is around a 69-70 era, though not exactly sure, based upon photos of a 1970 Nova it is about the closest match.

Not sure why you would choose a clip with drum brakes to weld in rather than one with discs brakes.:rolleyes:

4. Is it that there is a danger of interference with the lower control arm on 15" wheels? I know I read somewhere that there could be problems.

5. leorilla

leorilla

I have a 73/74 Nova clip in my 46 ford coupe. I am running corvette Steelies on mr car. I am running power drum brakes . That's the way it came. I stop on a dime and it gives me all kinds of change.

leorilla