Register now to get rid of these ads!

do 60 starliner doors fit the 61 door opening

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty gallons, Oct 3, 2011.

1. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Here is a question I don't think anyone has run across yet,
    Do the doors off a 1960 Ford Starliner fit on a 61 starliner body?
    Yeah, I know, the body skin is different. but will the doors fit?

I have always liked the rear of the 1961 Starliners, love the small fins and the round taillights, but I do not like the front end, conversely, I really like the front of the 1960 but am not really fond of the rear treatment. the transition point would be the doors. I think If I can find the parts I can piece together my idea of a 1960-1 Starliner
    In Matching photos the body "line" should match up between the fin and the door between the 2 years.
    thereby comes my question.... will the doors from a 1960 starliner fit the 1961 starliner body?

i am open to discussion here.

2. one37tudor

one37tudor

I have a 60 and a 61, the doors appear to be the same size? Meaning they should fit the opening but both the outer skin and the inner door frame are a different shape between the two years.

Scott...

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

61-62 doors are the same other than trim location. I do believe, as stated above, that 60-61 are completely different.

4. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

are the hinges same? do you think a person could bolt the 60 door onto the 61?