Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dizzy reccomendation?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Mar 2, 2011.

1. dannyego

dannyego

I'm ditching the points in my 56 chevy and putting in hei. Is it worthwhile to spend the extra $100 on say a Mallory, or would the $100 summit brand be just fine? It's a street driven 350. Sorry for my ignorance I normally run points and haven't had to purchase a dizzy. Yeah yeah I know it's not traditional, I will keep the hood closed ;)

2. The Mallory is a good distributer. We put one in a 283 powered Stude about 5 years ago no problems with it to date and its driven all over the country.

3. gwarren007

gwarren007

4. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

I'm running a Summit brand HEI style dizzy in my FE and its been fine. I think the dude at Summit told us that Summit stuff is made by Accel.

The only time I had a problem with it, is when I left the key in the "on" position over night and it fried the hell out of the module and burnt up the coil. I'm lucky the truck didn't catch fire. :eek:

5. Labold

Labold

You'll be more than OK with the $100 summit HEI one. It will be a HUGE improvement over the stocker.

6. 76cam

76cam

KMJ performance has a complete hei for 50 bucks good for 65,000 volts and 7200rpm I've got three of them on diffrent cars and no problems.Try kmjemt.com if you want to check it out for youreself.

7. PM: GMC Bubba he is the Dizzy master....

8. big creep

big creep

why not buy the pertronix for the dizzy? they work great!

9. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Do you have room for a hei? I moved the motor forward an inch in my 56 chevy, as the stock dizzy was so close to the firewall.

10. dannyego

dannyego

I had a petronix in a falcon I had, it stopped working and I haven't heard much good about them, I believe I have enough room for the hei, I have a buddy bringing one over for a test fit today before I buy one.