Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dixie Fried teaser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Bone, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. "The gates open at noon both days, bands start at 1:00 pm"

So says the Road Kings web site...

T

2. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

I have a case of bud light cans(because it says no bottles) to donate to the SFCC camp! I look forward to seeing all you folks bright and early on Sunday.

3. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Dixie fried what?? 8days..? I knew that.:p:D Hellz yeah! I can't wait.! waiting...............wiating.................waiting................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

4. I heard it was a good show.....might have to drive down and check it out?

5. TRuss

TRuss

I will be there with what has to be considered our veteran crew by now. And my friends band is finally going to get to play this year after years of trying. He's stoked. We were both looking at photos from the past years on the dixie fried site yesterday getting all hyped.

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm STOKED. I don't want to jinx myself. but I may have something old there. It's torn down right now, The heads are at the shop for the 2nd time, I also have a few other drivetrain repairs to do. But it should be done by DF. That is unless I decide to do something really fun like Fly to Milwaukee tomorrow and not come home until late wednesday night. Oh shit that just leaves me 2 days to pick up the heads and reassemble the engine. Wait I don't even have the rest of the parts yet.

Oh well. I'm sure i'll pull it off.

7. Just do it!

8. Thumper

Thumper

Unfortunately I have a prior commitment that weekend and won't be able to attend.:( It would have been fun to visit my old stomping grounds of my youth . Many memories were made way back when it was the "Twin Starlight" drive in. Me and a babe named Shirley in my 55 Chevy with reclining bucket seats.........oh shit.....I'm gettin carried away here!

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

"Oh well. I'm sure i'll pull it off."

Yeah,I heard you like to "pull it off" on a regular basis.

10. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Hey Guys,
    Car show participants (you) will be allowed to enter at 10:00 AM. More later.....

Z

11. Gator

Gator

We've been looking forward to it, quite a few of the TN PoorBoys are rolling down, and I heard rumor there may be a couple of guys from the Tampa chapter there.

12. Okay, so who is going to be there when they open the gates?

13. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Is that for the Sunday pre-74 car show too?

14. 8769

from kennesaw

for the out of towners:

Just wanted to let you know that 75/85 will have a few lanes closed Labor Day weekend and they are saying it could be 2 hours delay or more. Please post this info on any sites/forums that you have been on and let people know to take I-285 and I-20. Here is the info... http://www.dot.state.ga.us/informationcenter/activeprojects/pages/laborday.aspx

If you know how to get around it shouldn't be to bad. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Troy
    Road Kings, C.C.
    Atlanta GA

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Hey,Zaemo,Troy,and you other Road King types.The plan is for me to be "holding" the day of the show.You know,the well known "nickle bags".The primo beef jerky,you sillies!

16. Note to self...hit up the ATM on the way to Dixie Fried.:cool:
    Bringing any of that wicked clear parts cleaner?;)

17. put me in for a fiver. I need some. Its been a while- oh I can't wait. If I don't ahve any 5's left - I'll trade for something really sticky

18. fried chicken gasoline!

19. Hillbilly Champaign?!?!?!?!?!

20. yeah - Southern Culture on the SKIDS!!!

21. Note to self - bring Peptobismal - 2 bottles.

22. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Parts cleaner?How dare you!Did you swallow some parts or something?We prefer to call it "cough medicine".But it will clean your "parts"!

23. Uh, yeah...that's "Internal parts Cleaner".

24. 8769

from kennesaw

This time next week it will all be over and you'll be waiting on DF10!

Troy
    Road Kings C.C.
    Atlanta GA

25. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Ill be there with my paint. Sure hope somebody needs something striped!

26. Alright guys! I need your help! I hope I'm not hijacking this thread but I'm looking forward to the event and I am struggling.

Heres the story;

Dixie Fried is the same weekend as Heather's birthday. You guys have no idea how important her B-day is to her. We came to DF the first time 2 years ago with her kicking and screaming but she had a great time. Well this year she's just as thrilled as she was then. DF is one of the coolest events I've been to and it's so hard for me to not ask her to spend her special day doing car shit.

So, can you guys help me in any way to make her birthday memorable? I will cover what ever expenses you may incur.

She's a cool girl that I've spent almost 20 years with. She's an honest to goodness car girl with 3 of her own old cars.

Any bit of help or ideas would be great!

Whacha think??

Ron

27. Well, what would you like to happen?
    Need a cake?
    I'm sure we can chat up at least one of the bands to get her a birthday shout out.
    I haven't looked...are the Psycho-devilles playing?
    Sweet talk Tudor and she might be able to ride shotgun for a burnout in a blown 32 coupe.

28. She thinks '32s are for little fairy boys:D

StevieG,
    A cake would be awesome! I'm telling you I can't thank you guys in advance enough.
    I would owe you guys big time. She would never think that anyone would care enough to make her b-day cool at an event in a different city.

BTW... I don't want this to take over the Dixie Fried post by no means. If you guys would like to PM me feel free.

Thanks man!

BloodyKnuckles

29. Fairy Boys?? Jesus

Happy Birthday Heather!!!! Come see us for some HAPPY B - DAY SFCC STICKERS!!
    Leave that loser Ron at home will ya??? Let him know he can no longer park with us.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008

30. If you do a cake, try to get one made that will match the weekend. Most places now have the ability to put a copy of a picture on the cake. You could have it made with a picture of one of her cars on the cake of even a picture of the Dixie Fried 9 poster. Do it right and make it a personal cake, not just a white cake that says Happy Birthday...

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.