Register now to get rid of these ads!

Divco barn find. pulled out into the Texas sun.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by roadkillontheweb, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 1959cac

1959cac

Got me on the first pic....trying to figure out seating...HA!

2. 1959cac

1959cac

Awesome swap meet buzz around !

3. Squablow

Squablow

Perfect for hauling all your most adorable cargo.

4. Cool Divco! Weaverville ,thanks for the Zinger pic,I've recently become friends with a hot rodder,who drove the GMC Astro that that Zinger was modeled after. He hauled show cars all over the country for Promotions Inc.,mostly Barris cars. Lots of stories from those travels.;)

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That is a cool find! I had never seen one until I shot this one at the ATHS Show in Hudson last year. That would look really neat lettered up with a funny name on the side like...

Model Dairy
    Diminutive Dairy
    Smalls Dairy

[​IMG]

6. ARNIE

ARNIE

They are available, check here! http://www.divco.org/Collectibles.htm Squat Rods PO Box 202, Virginville, PA 19564-0202, Phone:1-610-562-9098 offers a Divco Pedal Car kit. Designed to mount on a Kettle Car chassis (from places like Toys-R-Us) this neat little Divco can be finished to match any paint scheme or artwork. Kids are attracted to them like magnets, and adults love them too! Cost is around $1,000 in deluxe completed form, or without the pedal car chassis, it makes a great dairy sign or advertising piece.

7. Those things are cool!! Don't think that I would fit but sure would be cool to look at in the garage!

8. drbuck62

drbuck62

My first set off wheels was the Divco Milk Truck my mom bought us in the early 60's. If I wanted to drive it and no one was around to help, I had to put a rock of the throttle and pull start the it from the back - then run like crazy to catch it! Sometimes I would get my brother to help me pull the body off so we could cruise around the house "top down". Guess that was my first custom rod too!

Thanks for the links -

9. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

that looks smaller than the divco made by Robel? I will have to contact these guys and get details?

Got any vintage photos of you and your ride? I would love to add them to my website!

10. Fellow gave my son a frame for one but kept the body.Son drove it all over the neighborhood. Had no idea what it was.

11. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

Put a 16 hp drop shaft in there with a tec peerles 6 speed trans axle, trust me, I know about "LIL" cars..
    [​IMG]

12. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Very cool... what are your plans? That would make a cool midget car tow vehicle.
    racinman

13. Doug B

Doug B

When I saw the first pic i thought...man,those cab lights are HUGE....

Too bad they didn't make little tiny Divco wheels for it....those would be super rare today....all the kids in the 50's woulda put 'em on their go-karts!

14. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I called the guy from Squat rods today and he said that he no longer produces them and that they were much smaller than the Robel version and could not be powered only pedal and would only fit very small kids.

My plans are to help my buddy that bought it restore it or whatever he wants to do with it? It is not mine! I just run a website http://www.jrcentral.com that deals with this type of vehicle and have shared information with the Divco freaks here before. He is not a Divco guy either just another fanatic car collector that could not pass up the odd little rarity. He should be sending me more pictures when he gets it unloaded from the trailer? I will post any new photos here.

15. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

Hard part of restoring that is gonna be finding the correct midget driver. could get very expensive

16. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Thats about the size of a King Midget car. Wicked!

17. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

At 6'6" and 350+ I know it will not be me!
    Actually it will fit normal size adults.

18. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

The guy that bought the Divco yesterday managed to break his camera so no new images of that one today but here are some other pictures I just recieved.

Grablick dairy Divco circa early 60s? (61? Chevy in the background)
    [​IMG]
    some of you may be familiar with this shot?

And the same Divco with the same driver in 2007
    [​IMG]

19. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Here are some of the new shots I promised!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The rear panel allows access to the motor that according to the literature is a Briggs 6BS. but this one has an electrical motor and by looking at the dash it may have originally been built that way? Powercar also made electric versions that were marketed for indoor use.
    [​IMG]

Of course that can be fixed with the addidtion of a better powerplant????

20. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

21. I'll give him $2000

22. tomslik

tomslik

i'm thinkin' "little squirt dairy" with a hayabusa powertrain....

and a really big pair of balls on the driver....

23. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I don't even know if he wants to sell it?

I was thinking "Half Pint Dairy" and again if you put a Hayabusa powertrain in it you had better have a mini set of wheelie bars to go with it? Parachute optional.

Any of you photoshop experts want to take a stab at shoving some big meats under the backside, wheelie bars out back and a trick paintjob??

24. KID WITH PASSION

KID WITH PASSION

Hey there! My name is Casey Lindsay and i was just browsing the internet and found this site and the mini Divco and i thought i could just add to it. Here are some pictures of mine and what i have done to it. The rear axil is off a riding lawn mower which has a differencial. The front suspension i designed and made to model the mustang II independent front suspension and the tires and 6" wheel dunlop racing go cart tires. Any questions just let me know. Also i would love to hear more about his project as he fixes it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  25. KID WITH PASSION

KID WITH PASSION

Pictures

Attached Files:

26. I'd say clone the body and let people put them on golf cart frames.

27. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Update:

The Divco that started this thread is on it's way to a new home! I just was informed that it is being shipped to a restoration shop in AZ and then on to it's new owner in California. I will try to track the restoration process and post some images when it is done.

Here it is put on a pallet and ready to ship via Fedex truck freight. and a shot of the bottom showing the frame

Attached Files:

28. Mike The Photo Guy

Mike The Photo Guy

There was a sweet 48 Divco at Detroit's Autorama. I spoke with the owner and it was his father's. They kept it in the family because the kids used to go on the route with him. They restored it as a tribute to their dad. I think your little Divco is one of the coolest thing I've seen in quite a while. How are you going to build it?
    Mike TPG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I just saw roughly 2 dozen Divco trucks today sitting off of Rt 395 this private "junk yard "is on a different road and these trucks have been sitting there for more than 30 years that I know of and "not for sale"back then I will try and get more info on them as I'm pretty sure that the original guy that put them there is dead.If they turn out to be for sale now they will be hell to get to as they are way back on his land.If anyone is interested PM me and I'll try and get more info they are all complete and were driven to where they are from local dairies and it's very possible there are a lot more than 2 dozen on the property

30. Matthewts

Matthewts

Here is mine. It made its' parade debut last weekend to promote my sister's business. Not quite finished with the restoration yet. Still need to reinstall the winshield, install taillights, and get the lights up and running (if possible). This one has a 3 1/2 horse motor and newer tires/wheels (I still have the originals). Found at a yard sale in TN about 2 yrs ago.

Attached Files: