Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Distraction . . . I needed some topless fun!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Looks like you found what you are looking for. Nice roadster. Only because you have asked..personally I like dark colors on these, like Dark Burgandy, Black, Dark Blue, Dark green, with color coded wheels, or redwheels, wires or steelies, be sure to match tire wheel combo with that cool teardrop, which ever color of wheel choice you go with.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. Bull

Bull

The teardrop will be pulled behind each of my 4 vehicles (3 A's and the daily driver) so the wires will stay red on it.

I too am leaning towards dark colors on the roadster. The other decision is flat or shiny? The wife says flat, so my decision may already be made for me there! ;)

3. I dig the HRF midnight blue from a few posts back...or if you wanna get conservative, what about a gunmetal gray, maybe with red wires? Look sharp with the teardrop, too.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

That’s a handsome bugger, right there. The ‘28-‘29 radiator surround is underused in atavist rods, IMO. It looks especially right when paired with the Model A framerails. The visual bulk of the Deuce radiator tends to overwhelm the Model A frame.

-Dave

5. Bull

Bull

I like the 28-29 A shell as well. I'm not a big fan of the 30-31 shell though. Which is why I want to change the shell on the roadster from the 30-31 shell to a 32 shell and insert.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on getting the roadster. Your in for many miles of fun. Also on getting the teardrop. I was looking at it and mercdeuceman sent me a lot of pictures. After my wife ended up needing back surgery this summer I reluctantly pulled the plug on that idea. From the pictures it looked like a super travel trailer.

Frank

7. Bull

Bull

The wife and I are really excited for the summer. FalconMan and I are planning our first "Hot Rods & Teardrops" camping trip already.

FalconMan's set-up:
    [​IMG]

8. Bull

Bull

Well, I put on 1100 miles this weekend and met up with MercDeuceMan in Indiana to pick up the teardrop. Love it! Can't wait to take the wife and the dog away for the weekend in this little guy.

This is what I saw when John (MercDeuceMan) pulled into the parking lot to meet up with me.
    (excuse the crappy cell phone pics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And how it looked behind my daily driver box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also got a call from the transporter last night saying that he'd be here with my roadster late tonight or early tomorrow. Can't wait! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. :)

9. Sweet ride!!!
    I say go for the HRF Blue - it will look Waaaayyyyy cool wearing that color.

10. Bull

Bull

It turned out to be a nice day, so I ran home on my lunch break. I took the first official ride (besides the one around the block last night anyway) and ran out of gas a block away from the house! After getting towed by the neighbor, running to the gas station to fill the gas can and filling the tank, I realized I forgot to turn the fuel shut off back on. DOH! The car was just showing its new owner who's boss. I had a smile on my face despite the parade lap around the neighborhood on the tow strap. After that I was still reminded why I love roadsters though. :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  11. Bull

Bull

12. grm61

grm61
    from Washington

I like shiny, I have never understood the flat paint deal.
    I keep trying to make mine shine, and everyone else is trying to make theirs dull??:confused:

Greg