Register now to get rid of these ads!

Distance between bearing retainer and clutch hub? SBC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppedsled, Jan 18, 2012.

1. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

So my T-5 to 283 swap is becoming a pain. Started with a Hamilton Intakes adapter spacer and everything fits together nicely with the exception of the bearing retainer and clutch hub. The end of the retainer is within 3/16" of the clutch hub. Will this be enough distance to let the clutch disc release? Or do I dare trim the retainer down a bit? If so how much space do I need?

The 11" disc hub I'm using is a 1/4" thicker that the stock S10 disc hub.

Thanks in advance.

2. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Most clutches at full disengagement only clear the pressure plate/flywheel by about .100 3/16" ought to be plenty.

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Clearance is a good thing. Most T-5 transplants need 1/2 inch taken off the retainer lenght.

you're fine, I think.

4. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Thanks, that eases the mind a bit. Just looked close and never thought about it before.

5. gas pumper

gas pumper

oH, and make sure you are OK on the other end of the hub. I had one that had interferance on the flywheel side. The hub was hitting something there. Had to take a little off the end of the hub.